[Q] Stuck on HBOOT and the buttons don't do what they are supposed to

OP Astiolo

7th June 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi,

My One X was working fine with my custom firmware for about six months but then it suddenly bricked itself by booting into HBOOT and now the up volume key and power button both move the selection down while the down volume key does nothing. When I turn the phone off it just reboots into HBOOT. For it to turn off I have to wait for the battery to run out, but that doesn't help with anything.

My computer doesn't seem to recognise the phone either, even though I haven't really changed anything since I rooted it and flashed the new rom. I have no idea what to try now, any help?
9th June 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
No one has any advice? Does this mean it is completely bricked?
9th June 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 569

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astiolo

No one has any advice? Does this mean it is completely bricked?

maybe your volume buttons are broken, have some problem here in the forum try open the HOX and see if they are not stuck or durty
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant

maybe your volume buttons are broken, have some problem here in the forum try open the HOX and see if they are not stuck or durty

I thought that was unlikely but I finally got around to testing anyway and the phone booted up properly when I unplugged the ribbon which includes the volume buttons. I guess the down volume button must have been stuck on which is why the phone continually booted into HBOOT and the down volume key didn't do anything when it was pressed. I guess the way the menu HBOOT menu is programmed meant that pressing the other buttons didn't do anything but upon release it registered the down button again.

Anyway, I replaced that part of the phone and it's all in working order. Thanks for the tip.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread