Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera and temperature

Tip us?

Linux4ever85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Camera and temperature

Anyone have an issue when the phone gets too hot and the camera app would start due to temperature? You have to wait until phone cools down to use the camera.

Kyouran
Old
Thanks Meter 4
And what's the version of your FW? Stock or Custom Rom?
I never had such problems on Custom ROM for example Evo4. I'm on LB so I always use stock kernel.

Linux4ever85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouran View Post
And what's the version of your FW? Stock or Custom Rom?
I never had such problems on Custom ROM for example Evo4. I'm on LB so I always use stock kernel.
I am on stock rom with doomkernel. After using camera for a while my phone would heat up and camera says needs to be turned off cause of temperature. If I use CM11 the camera will just FC until my phone cools down.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux4ever85 View Post
I am on stock rom with doomkernel. After using camera for a while my phone would heat up and camera says needs to be turned off cause of temperature. If I use CM11 the camera will just FC until my phone cools down.
Yes, t camera have the temperature security to not damage the phone if its too hot. probably your settings are wrong and you get overhating. There is also a mod to swich off that security, on your risk, to not have that message anymore.

Try Stock Kernel to see if it do this again.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4