XBMC App for Ouya working well on Fire TV

OP archa1c

23rd April 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #11  
New York
Thanks Meter: 5

87 posts
More
Plug
What I can't figure out is how to use the library plugins to index both movies and shows. I have my entire collection in a single folder. Right now I can only enable either one or the other in XBMC. Is there a way to do both at the same time?
24th April 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

119 posts
Try just adding the same path a second time, except denote it as a different media type the second type.

Not sure if XBMC will reject that or not since you've already added it once as a different content type (TV, movies etc)

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to archa1c For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo

What I can't figure out is how to use the library plugins to index both movies and shows. I have my entire collection in a single folder. Right now I can only enable either one or the other in XBMC. Is there a way to do both at the same time?

I just verified that you can add the same path twice.

The first time, select a "TV Shows" scraper to have it scan TV show content for your library.

The second time, select the 'Movies" scraper to scrape and add Movie content from that directory to your library.

You will likely have some issues with some shows importing to your movie library, and some movies importing to your tv shows due to common names between both (example- Transformers movies will probably get scanner by the TV scraper and add the Transformers tv show series to your TV library).

Aside from these unavoidable duplicate scraping issues, all of your content should load.

I recommend braking our your library into separate directories for "TV Shows" and "Movies".

An easy way to do this is to install Sickbeard to automatically scan and move your TV Shows to a new directory, leaving just movies in your current media directory.
The Following User Says Thank You to archa1c For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #14  
New York

87 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by archa1c

I just verified that you can add the same path twice.

The first time, select a "TV Shows" scraper to have it scan TV show content for your library.

The second time, select the 'Movies" scraper to scrape and add Movie content from that directory to your library.

You will likely have some issues with some shows importing to your movie library, and some movies importing to your tv shows due to common names between both (example- Transformers movies will probably get scanner by the TV scraper and add the Transformers tv show series to your TV library).

Aside from these unavoidable duplicate scraping issues, all of your content should load.

I recommend braking our your library into separate directories for "TV Shows" and "Movies".

An easy way to do this is to install Sickbeard to automatically scan and move your TV Shows to a new directory, leaving just movies in your current media directory.

I actually tried that same tactic before and it didn't work (Frodo). I am going to install Gotham today anyway, will try again.

My setup is that I download via utorrent and when completed, the files are moved to a single folder storage drive mounted on my RT-N66U. XBMC then reads the files from there... I'll look into sickbeard, thanks!
25th April 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 20

47 posts
Has anybody tried LiveTV with tvheadend? It does work for me, but I am only able to use the channel that is already tuned. As soon as I try to switch to a different channel then XBMC crashes. It works fine on my Android phone, therefore it must be something with it running on the FireTV.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
26th April 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #16  

222 posts
More
Maybe a dumb question but how do i install .zip plugins downloaded from my computer?

NVM reading is my friend...
Last edited by grypho; 26th April 2014 at 11:57 PM.
25th June 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogli

Has anybody tried LiveTV with tvheadend? It does work for me, but I am only able to use the channel that is already tuned. As soon as I try to switch to a different channel then XBMC crashes. It works fine on my Android phone, therefore it must be something with it running on the FireTV.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Am testing with TVH.

Opening a channel is ok, HD or SD (h264 1080i without deinterlace).

Zapping is an issue, no crash but video gets very choppy like 4fps sounds is ok. Stop and Play fixes the issue.

Is the XBMC Ouya still the best xbmc for fire tv atm ?
25th June 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 48

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mm0n

Is the XBMC Ouya still the best xbmc for fire tv atm ?

No, the full 13.1 release for Android ARM from the main is best.
25th June 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Thx !

Any special tip/setup on hw decoding ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread