No registration required

[Q] Kitkat issue - Duplicate SMS using 3rd party (non-default) apps

OP slappyx

30th May 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi everyone,

I've noticed something since I updated my phone to kitkat 4.4.2 (it's a Z1 compact).

Whenever I use another app than my default app to send SMS, eg. I'm using SMSPopup, Glowfly or event another "real" SMS app along with my default one (let's say hangouts or Handcent), I have duplicate sent SMS, that means I have twice my sent messages in my list. I didn't have this issue on JB.

I tried to tweak access/read/write permissions via AppOps but the result is still the same. I now have to use the same app for popups/Notifications and SMS. Other SMS apps are useless because they duplicate the text messages.

Does anyone has the same problem ? How can I fix this ?

Thanks a lot !
25th June 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyx

Hi everyone,

I've noticed something since I updated my phone to kitkat 4.4.2 (it's a Z1 compact).

Whenever I use another app than my default app to send SMS, eg. I'm using SMSPopup, Glowfly or event another "real" SMS app along with my default one (let's say hangouts or Handcent), I have duplicate sent SMS, that means I have twice my sent messages in my list. I didn't have this issue on JB.

I tried to tweak access/read/write permissions via AppOps but the result is still the same. I now have to use the same app for popups/Notifications and SMS. Other SMS apps are useless because they duplicate the text messages.

Does anyone has the same problem ? How can I fix this ?

Thanks a lot !

Make sure this is set correctly:
1. From your home screen, open Settings and head into “More…” under Wireless & Networks.
2. If running Android 4.4, you should see an option for “Default SMS app.”
3. Tap on that.
4. A window should appear with all apps that could be a potential SMS app.
5. Tap the one you want to use.

(This list is a copy/paste from an external link, DroidLife, which I'm not allowed to link to due to my scarce forum acitivty )

Sorry for a late answer and hope you get, or maybe you've already gotten, the issue resolved.
Last edited by json007; 25th June 2014 at 04:15 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
duplicate, hangouts, kitkat, popup, sms
Previous Thread Next Thread