Proximity sensor problems

24th April 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

101 posts
I'm tired of my phone doing weird stuff in my pocket. Every time I hang up a call on my bluetooth earpiece, my phone wakes back up in my pocket and tries to dial some random number. I thought the proximity sensor would keep the screen from coming on if the phone was in your pocket. Is there a way to adjust this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 39

285 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldwyn

I'm tired of my phone doing weird stuff in my pocket. Every time I hang up a call on my bluetooth earpiece, my phone wakes back up in my pocket and tries to dial some random number. I thought the proximity sensor would keep the screen from coming on if the phone was in your pocket. Is there a way to adjust this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

Yeah, I get this too. I'll be listening to music through wired headphones get a notification. Then find out my phone is surfing the web, or has various apps open. I couldn't even find the option to use the sensor to keep screen off while in my pocket. I suppose setting a harder screen lock option would keep it off. I had finger print set but cant use that anymore as I'm back to work and my finger print changes daily. (Hard labor)
25th June 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
using proximity sensor to turn off screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcidiot

Yeah, I get this too. I'll be listening to music through wired headphones get a notification. Then find out my phone is surfing the web, or has various apps open. I couldn't even find the option to use the sensor to keep screen off while in my pocket. I suppose setting a harder screen lock option would keep it off. I had finger print set but cant use that anymore as I'm back to work and my finger print changes daily. (Hard labor)

Does someone have a fix or know of a setting so that the proximity sensor turns the phone off when slid into a pocket? Screen turns off when i put it to my ear. Why not when i put it in my pocket? I know Better Keyguard is available to do this, i just don't understand why it isnt available on Play Store.
25th June 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 39

285 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkvanwing

Does someone have a fix or know of a setting so that the proximity sensor turns the phone off when slid into a pocket? Screen turns off when i put it to my ear. Why not when i put it in my pocket? I know Better Keyguard is available to do this, i just don't understand why it isnt available on Play Store.

There are many apps that use the sensor like Smart Screen Off lite. I personally have not tried one. I just set a pattern code lock however it's a very simple pattern that can be easily done with one hand. It does keep my music from being changed while I am listening to it.
25th June 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #5  
Flag Podunk, Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 266

874 posts
Donate to Me
More
Didnt the s3 have a pocket mode that sensed the ambient light and proximity and hard locked the screen?

Or this app

SmarScreenOff

http://www.galaxyunlocker.com/blogs/...pocket-dialing
Last edited by pickupman66; 25th June 2014 at 05:15 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread