Post Reply

[Q] How can I prevent OTA update notification

OP tadiv

25th June 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
I'm on 4.4.3 stock, rooted with TWRP installed - I have the 4.4.4 update notification and I don't want it there -- how can I disable the notification (without loading a new ROM).

Thanks,
Tom
25th June 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,259
 
3,155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadiv

I'm on 4.4.3 stock, rooted with TWRP installed - I have the 4.4.4 update notification and I don't want it there -- how can I disable the notification (without loading a new ROM).

Thanks,
Tom

Just update to 4.4.4. It takes a couple minutes to download, 30 seconds to flash.

You can block the notification with some Xposed modules.
25th June 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 978
 
3,211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Just update to 4.4.4. It takes a couple minutes to download, 30 seconds to flash.

You can block the notification with some Xposed modules.

How do I install the update?
25th June 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,259
 
3,155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

How do I install the update?

I answered that a couple days ago. But it is plastered all over the N5 and N7 forums. A quick look should yield favorable results.
25th June 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 978
 
3,211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

I answered that a couple days ago. But it is plastered all over the N5 and N7 forums. A quick look should yield favorable results.

I already searched for "how to install ota" and "how to install 4.4.4" here and in General and didn't find anything. I ended up using the Auto Updater.
Last edited by airmaxx23; 25th June 2014 at 05:40 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank