Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,667 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help with bricked KF! (Flashing back to stock)

Tip us?

flameboy54
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please help with bricked KF! (Flashing back to stock)

Hi all,

So I'm stuck in a rut right now. I wanted to revert my KF back to stock so I downloaded 6.3.3 and proceeded to flash it. Naturally, stupid me forgot to wipe everything before flashing. So now, it's stuck in a boot loop.

The KF boots up but I get the following 2 errors...

"The application Calendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

...and then proceeds to reboot. I tried following these set of instructions

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1638452

but get stuck at "adb shell /data/local/tmp/fbmode" which returns "couldn't write bp1, panic!"

I'm capable of following root and flash instructions so I'm not a super newb but at the same time I'm not an expert either. Can you someone please help? Is my only option a factory cable to solve this? Any input is much appreciated. TIA.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameboy54 View Post
Hi all,

So I'm stuck in a rut right now. I wanted to revert my KF back to stock so I downloaded 6.3.3 and proceeded to flash it. Naturally, stupid me forgot to wipe everything before flashing. So now, it's stuck in a boot loop.

"The application Calendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

but get stuck at "adb shell /data/local/tmp/fbmode" which returns "couldn't write bp1, panic!"

I'm capable of following root and flash instructions so I'm not a super newb but at the same time I'm not an expert either. Can you someone please help? Is my only option a factory cable to solve this? Any input is much appreciated. TIA.
yes I think it is time to order a Factory/fastboot cable several options TBH adapter, SkOrPn fastboot cable or several other options on ebay.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

The 6.3.3 update closed rooting and fastboot options, other than the fastboot/factory cable trick
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

flameboy54
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I opted to try the soupkit method following this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1850038

This is brand new territory for me so I have no idea what to do. I got a far as getting into soupkit utility and it shows that the KF is online. When when I try to do anything, the KF immediately goes offline or the utility hangs. All the while the KF is still cycling.

Can someone spell out for me what I should be doing in soupkit utility please? I feel like I'm pretty close to resolving this but just need some guidance from an expert. TIA.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
Soupkit likely will not work, unless it catches the kindle in fastboot mode.

Sent from my Amazon OtterX using Tapatalk
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameboy54 View Post
Hi all,

Factory cable is bar far the easiest route unless you can race the device past the fc`s to factory reset. Firekit and USB boot should still function accordingly but is not for the faint of heart. Soupkit was designed to work with 6.3.2 and lower I tested it to beat the bend prior to it`s release. Buck up buy a SkOrPn jig you will minimize your hassle altogether.

flameboy54
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Because I'm on a time crunch (would like to get this fixed for this weekend but not life or death) I opted to make my own factory cable. I soldered everything, tested continuity at all the pins on the microusb side, on the usb side and at the splices and everything appeared fine.

I plugged in cable on both ends, the Kindle showed the normal white and orange logo but the PC (Win 7) popped up with "USB device not recognized". Went to device manager and saw "unknown device". Proceeded to uninstall drivers, update Google usb drivers in SDK, installed drivers via KFU "install_drivers.bat". None of that worked. Just to confirm I inputted "adb devices" and "fastboot devices", both returned me back to prompt with no results. KFU showed "offline/unknown".

I have a 2nd machine (Win XP) that I'll start from scratch with, hopefully it get me somewhere. But in the meantime I'll do some more digging. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them.