Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,934 Members 51,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] every single rom bootloops?????

Tip us?

ZLederman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] every single rom bootloops?????

I apologize ahead for my Noobness. I recently rooted my phone using one of the TUT's on this site it worked fine. Im running an SGH-I317 with philz advanced 6.0.4.3 and Im 100% sure the root worked. last night I went to install DN3 rom (Ditto Note 3) the aurora froze on me 15 times . I figured out that the freezing happens alot. I then tried installing JellyKatv5 the t0lteatt version. It got into bootloop I was okay so i went back and restarted my phone, Same thing just stays on the pretty sparkly Samsung logo for 12 min. I wiped my cache, Dalvik Cache and did a factory reset. Nothing. I figured maybe it was just the rom, no it wasnt it didnt work on Slimkat, and Omnirom both had the same problem. I just flashed back to stock then rerooted it and the same happened .

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLederman View Post
I apologize ahead for my Noobness. I recently rooted my phone using one of the TUT's on this site it worked fine. Im running an SGH-I317 with philz advanced 6.0.4.3 and Im 100% sure the root worked. last night I went to install DN3 rom (Ditto Note 3) the aurora froze on me 15 times . I figured out that the freezing happens alot. I then tried installing JellyKatv5 the t0lteatt version. It got into bootloop I was okay so i went back and restarted my phone, Same thing just stays on the pretty sparkly Samsung logo for 12 min. I wiped my cache, Dalvik Cache and did a factory reset. Nothing. I figured maybe it was just the rom, no it wasnt it didnt work on Slimkat, and Omnirom both had the same problem. I just flashed back to stock then rerooted it and the same happened .
As far as i know you need to flash DN3 beta v4.2 if you are an at&t user.Jellykat v5 only supports GT N7100 and no other phone models.That's the reason your phone is not going past the samsung screen.So before flashing any random rom from note 2 forum you need to look if it's compatible with your phone.