Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,736 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Received my invite. I have 72 Hours to decide between this and LG G3.

Tip us?

sn0warmy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 779
Default Received my invite. I have 72 Hours to decide between this and LG G3.

Hey guys,

I had just about given up on this phone and was patiently waiting on the release of the LG G3 to replace my Nexus 5. However, this morning I received an email from OnePlus indicating that I had won an invite to buy the phone. The invite expires in 72 hours so I need to decide quickly.

So I'm back to being in a tough decision and looking for some input from those who were also deciding between the OnePlus One and the LG G3 or other similar device. Obviously, the biggest differentiator between the OnePlus One and the G3, HTC One M8, and Galaxy S5 is the fact that the OnePlus One costs about half of what the other devices cost with similar/same specs. Aside from that, what were the biggest selling points for you to buy this phone over the others?

My current thoughts...

- I've grown used to wireless charging with the Nexus 5. I have a wireless charger at home and work which have been very convenient. I'll have to give this up with the OnePlus One. Alternatively, the LG G3 will have the capability to continue using the wireless chargers. This isn't a deal breaker but definitely on my mind.

- Size. I want a bigger screen than what I have with the Nexus 5 but I am not a "phablet" fan. So I'm trying to keep size at a minimum. The OnePlus One is slightly taller and wider than the LG G3. Has anyone held both devices and if you have, can you confirm if the OnePlus One feels noticeably bigger in the hand than the LG G3?

Aside from that, I like the overall design of the OnePlus One as it is sleeker with no branding on the front and durability between the two seems like it will be a wash. So overall, what ultimately sold you on the OnePlus One?

Decisions, decisions...
Current
LG G3 (D851)

Previous
Nexus 5 // Nexus 4 // Galaxy Nexus // Nexus One

ucantak3dis
Old
Thanks Meter 6
For me, it's the high specs for the low price. But the lg g3 may be a slight smaller but with both phones being phablet size, I don't think you'll notice the difference. If you are partial towards the wireless charging from lg, you will have to think if that would be a deal breaker for you to give up the one plus one.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OhToSee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If I were in your shoes I'd definitely buy the OnePlus. Worse comes to, you decide you miss wireless charging too much or just don't like the phone for whatever reason. You can just sell the phone and purchase a LG G3.

I'm in a similar situation, sans invite. I also have mixed feelings about the size. But it's about the specs for me. That's part of what makes the Huawei Honor 6 a very attractive alternative for me.

Bottom line though, a phone you have in your hand now is much more useful than a phone that's being released down the line. If you like this phone, can afford it, and have the opportunity, just buy it.

Naddict
Old
(Last edited by Naddict; 25th June 2014 at 07:07 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13652
Please go to one of the other two invite related threads started in this section.

Or, for device discussion, go here to start....http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1620179
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe