OP BrianDigital

25th June 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Thanks Meter: 315

2,809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok let me start my wifi at any normal sports works fine, however at work i can not connect.

Before we start the usual "reset the router" or "its your networks admin, he is MAC address filtering", no they are not, I asked and my galaxy nexus/nexus 4/nexus 7 never had not a single problem with connecting. Or anyone with acurrent android smartphone, or iphone, or the odd guy out with a windows phone

While i am noticing that its not android version issue, as 4.3 stock color OS has this issue as do every 4.4.+ rom has this too

I believe the problem is our phone will get confused with which access point to connect to as it sees many (and we only see one), is this a kernel issue as i am guessing all the devs are pulling all the good bits from oppo for hardware support

Question is how to I help fix it
25th June 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,468

13,355 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDigital

Ok let me start my wifi at any normal sports works fine, however at work i can not connect.

Before we start the usual "reset the router" or "its your networks admin, he is MAC address filtering", no they are not, I asked and my galaxy nexus/nexus 4/nexus 7 never had not a single problem with connecting. Or anyone with acurrent android smartphone, or iphone, or the odd guy out with a windows phone

While i am noticing that its not android version issue, as 4.3 stock color OS has this issue as do every 4.4.+ rom has this too

I believe the problem is our phone will get confused with which access point to connect to as it sees many (and we only see one), is this a kernel issue as i am guessing all the devs are pulling all the good bits from oppo for hardware support

Question is how to I help fix it

Unfortunately, while it may not be an issue on other devices, there IS something weird about your network and I don't know what.

I can't reproduce the multiple SSID problem when I open up wifi settings to scan for networks at work - I see one entry per SSID even though I KNOW there are multiple APs.

Our kernel drivers come from CAF - https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic...5-00210-8x74.0 (that tag matches the CAF tag Oppo based their platform bringup on.)
25th June 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Thanks Meter: 315

2,809 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Unfortunately, while it may not be an issue on other devices, there IS something weird about your network and I don't know what.

I can't reproduce the multiple SSID problem when I open up wifi settings to scan for networks at work - I see one entry per SSID even though I KNOW there are multiple APs.

Our kernel drivers come from CAF - https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic...5-00210-8x74.0 (that tag matches the CAF tag Oppo based their platform bringup on.)

this is troubling then, if your connecting fine to a similar network then I might be up ****s creek with connecting. Thanks for the info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread