Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how do i help fix this [wifi with many same SSIDs]

Tip us?

BrianDigital
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 309

DONATE TO ME
Default how do i help fix this [wifi with many same SSIDs]

Ok let me start my wifi at any normal sports works fine, however at work i can not connect.

Before we start the usual "reset the router" or "its your networks admin, he is MAC address filtering", no they are not, I asked and my galaxy nexus/nexus 4/nexus 7 never had not a single problem with connecting. Or anyone with acurrent android smartphone, or iphone, or the odd guy out with a windows phone

While i am noticing that its not android version issue, as 4.3 stock color OS has this issue as do every 4.4.+ rom has this too

I believe the problem is our phone will get confused with which access point to connect to as it sees many (and we only see one), is this a kernel issue as i am guessing all the devs are pulling all the good bits from oppo for hardware support

Question is how to I help fix it

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDigital View Post
Ok let me start my wifi at any normal sports works fine, however at work i can not connect.

Before we start the usual "reset the router" or "its your networks admin, he is MAC address filtering", no they are not, I asked and my galaxy nexus/nexus 4/nexus 7 never had not a single problem with connecting. Or anyone with acurrent android smartphone, or iphone, or the odd guy out with a windows phone

While i am noticing that its not android version issue, as 4.3 stock color OS has this issue as do every 4.4.+ rom has this too

I believe the problem is our phone will get confused with which access point to connect to as it sees many (and we only see one), is this a kernel issue as i am guessing all the devs are pulling all the good bits from oppo for hardware support

Question is how to I help fix it
Unfortunately, while it may not be an issue on other devices, there IS something weird about your network and I don't know what.

I can't reproduce the multiple SSID problem when I open up wifi settings to scan for networks at work - I see one entry per SSID even though I KNOW there are multiple APs.

Our kernel drivers come from CAF - https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic...5-00210-8x74.0 (that tag matches the CAF tag Oppo based their platform bringup on.)
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

BrianDigital
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 309

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Unfortunately, while it may not be an issue on other devices, there IS something weird about your network and I don't know what.

I can't reproduce the multiple SSID problem when I open up wifi settings to scan for networks at work - I see one entry per SSID even though I KNOW there are multiple APs.

Our kernel drivers come from CAF - https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic...5-00210-8x74.0 (that tag matches the CAF tag Oppo based their platform bringup on.)
this is troubling then, if your connecting fine to a similar network then I might be up ****s creek with connecting. Thanks for the info