Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,167 Members 44,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on the custom Samsung boot logo

Tip us?

ProtossPaul
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck on the custom Samsung boot logo

Hey all, I saw a similar thread to this one, however I could not seem to fix my phone using the method described by the OP of this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2791231

Anyways, just as in this other thread, I rebooted my phone and was stuck in the red verizon boot logo so I went to recovery and did a factory reset. Just as in the other thread I found that my phone was stuck on the custom samsung boot logo, normally I would just ODIN flash a stock version and go back to normal however my computer does not detect that I have the phone plugged in due to not being able to install drivers prior to flashing the new version. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck on the custom Samsung logo? I cannot enter safestrap, only ODIN mode.

Shaftamle
Old
Thanks Meter 3087

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtossPaul View Post
Hey all, I saw a similar thread to this one, however I could not seem to fix my phone using the method described by the OP of this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2791231

Anyways, just as in this other thread, I rebooted my phone and was stuck in the red verizon boot logo so I went to recovery and did a factory reset. Just as in the other thread I found that my phone was stuck on the custom samsung boot logo, normally I would just ODIN flash a stock version and go back to normal however my computer does not detect that I have the phone plugged in due to not being able to install drivers prior to flashing the new version. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck on the custom Samsung logo? I cannot enter safestrap, only ODIN mode.
Kies can download drivers to your computer. I've never used it but I know its fairly simple.
You can also download drivers off the internet. Just Google s4 drivers and make sure it for whatever windows version you have. Ie- xp, 7, 8.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
CheckOutMyThemedGoogleKeyboards!!!!!!

MyColorScreen
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!