Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What is easier to build from the getgo for a Froyo device?
Gingerbread Compatable Kernel 0 0%
Clockworkmod Recovery 0 0%
Cyanogenmod Froyo 0 0%
Cyanogenmod Gingerbread 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][InDev] Help Wanted Custom ROM Option for SGH-I857

Tip us?
 
Legojr
Old
#21  
Legojr's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ramsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by migui0401 View Post
I have the stock firmware extracted, the boot.img and recovery.img.

Awesome sauce! How did you do it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
migui0401
Old
#22  
migui0401's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 186
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: puerto plata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legojr View Post
Awesome sauce! How did you do it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using 7-zip for extracting the tar.md5 firmware and MagicIso for extracting the system.rfs file.
We live android, we breath in android, we love android, we delvelop android, WE ARE ANDROID!
The Following User Says Thank You to migui0401 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Legojr
Old
#23  
Legojr's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ramsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by migui0401 View Post
Using 7-zip for extracting the tar.md5 firmware and MagicIso for extracting the system.rfs file.

I assume you got the firmware from a site like Sammobile. I think I have a similar tar.md5 we have to find away to flash it if we want to flash anything in the future.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
migui0401
Old
#24  
migui0401's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 186
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: puerto plata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legojr View Post
I assume you got the firmware from a site like Sammobile. I think I have a similar tar.md5 we have to find away to flash it if we want to flash anything in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is our problem, this phone has a firmware problem i guess, cause it doesn't flash anything, I've noticed this already.
We live android, we breath in android, we love android, we delvelop android, WE ARE ANDROID!
The Following User Says Thank You to migui0401 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Legojr
Old
#25  
Legojr's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ramsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by migui0401 View Post
There is our problem, this phone has a firmware problem i guess, cause it doesn't flash anything, I've noticed this already.

There is a way to flash to it. I soft bricked my DoubleTime once and I played dumb to the AT&T store and they flash stock firmware to it.

If I had to make an assumption, I would say they used Odin. I'm just not sure which version, or if they even used the same firmware image as us.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
migui0401
Old
#26  
migui0401's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 186
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: puerto plata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legojr View Post
There is a way to flash to it. I soft bricked my DoubleTime once and I played dumb to the AT&T store and they flash stock firmware to it.

If I had to make an assumption, I would say they used Odin. I'm just not sure which version, or if they even used the same firmware image as us.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is not other way to flash the device, Just kies. This means there is a possibility to flash it! Could you make a research to know which tool they used to flash it?
We live android, we breath in android, we love android, we delvelop android, WE ARE ANDROID!
 
Legojr
Old
(Last edited by Legojr; 14th May 2014 at 08:32 PM.)
#27  
Legojr's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ramsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by migui0401 View Post
There is not other way to flash the device, Just kies. This means there is a possibility to flash it! Could you make a research to know which tool they used to flash it?
I actually can't even get Kies to work unfortunately. I could just walk up and ask them, but I'd doubt they'd tell me. We could also try Hiemdall;it might even be easier.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
migui0401
Old
(Last edited by migui0401; 15th May 2014 at 01:35 PM.) Reason: .
#28  
migui0401's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 186
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: puerto plata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legojr View Post
I actually can't even get Kies to work unfortunately. I could just walk up and ask them, but I'd doubt they'd tell me. We could also try Hiemdall;it might even be easier.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't tried it, even seen it. I've always used odin to flash, restore and make money but we don't have anything to lose. And you don't lose anything asking them
We live android, we breath in android, we love android, we delvelop android, WE ARE ANDROID!
 
Legojr
Old
#29  
Legojr's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ramsey
First off I'd like to apologize for the time this has been taking but I've taken apart my hard-bricked DoubleTime and I've compiled a list of all of the parts inside:

CPU: Qual MSM7227
Cellular Radio/GPS: Qualcomm RTR6285
Wi-Fi: Atheros 6003G-AC2B
Power Management IC: Samsung MAX8899G
Audio: Audience A1026A0F
Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM2070
Charging IC: Samsung 9280a
eMMC: Samsung KAT007012C

This is different than what some sites have said were inside but this is good because this means the DT is similar to the Samsung Galaxy Ace, so we can look at that code to help build a recovery and we can make a Froyo ROM using some copy-paste magic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
doubletime, froyo, gingerbread, samsung, sgh-i857
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes