Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apps on extSdcard

Tip us?

SLIMaxPower
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Apps on extSdcard

Hi guys I have tried several methods and are coming up short on most.

Current running CivZ Flexbeam 3.6.2.

Samsung MicroSDXC Pro UHS-I Memory Card - 64GB

Last night I tried Link2SD as posted elsewhere with a primary fat32 part and a ext2 part.

This method was tried after a fresh flash of the firmware. The app wouldn't do some of the functions required without the paid version which wasn't available on play. Located a version that seemed to work except that it kept complaining that the note 8 uses legacy blah blah blah.

Method before that was putting a file in etc/inid using script manager, except that console kept saying resource busy when trying to mount. Tried a few different scripts and edits and still no joy.

Posts I read say it works but not from where I sit.

any help much appreciated.

peace [emoji6][emoji6]

CCallahan
Old
Thanks Meter 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMaxPower View Post
Hi guys I have tried several methods and are coming up short on most.

Current running CivZ Flexbeam 3.6.2.

Samsung MicroSDXC Pro UHS-I Memory Card - 64GB

Last night I tried Link2SD as posted elsewhere with a primary fat32 part and a ext2 part.

This method was tried after a fresh flash of the firmware. The app wouldn't do some of the functions required without the paid version which wasn't available on play. Located a version that seemed to work except that it kept complaining that the note 8 uses legacy blah blah blah.

Method before that was putting a file in etc/inid using script manager, except that console kept saying resource busy when trying to mount. Tried a few different scripts and edits and still no joy.

Posts I read say it works but not from where I sit.

any help much appreciated.

peace [emoji6][emoji6]
I am familiar with Link2SD but never used it. However, I find using FolderMount app in the Play Store is adequate enough. Both can be used in conjunction but FM works without issue. Also, is very easy to deploy.
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
All Projects Currently On Hold