Stimulating a battery pull?

OP Big4570

23rd June 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
I'm pretty sure my battery needs to be reset as my battery life has dropped dramatically. Just wondering if there is a way to simulate a battery pull on the Note?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 30

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big4570

I'm pretty sure my battery needs to be reset as my battery life has dropped dramatically. Just wondering if there is a way to simulate a battery pull on the Note?

Is this since the kitkat update? If yes let samsung know

Not sure how you would simulate it
23rd June 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
Nope stll running stock 4.2.2, with CWM, with no major changes to my OS. I figure it just needs to be recalibrated.

23rd June 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

17 posts
Why not changing your battery?
Quote:

I figure it just needs to be recalibrated.

As far as I am concerned I ended up replacing my batteries after +10 months of daily intensive use although the battery status was reported as good. I bought a Samsung original part from eBay and followed a Youtube tutorial. I'm glad to report I did not break anything and obtained significantly enhanced runtimes.
25th June 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 671

1,958 posts
Quote:

Nope stll running stock 4.2.2, with CWM, with no major changes to my OS. I figure it just needs to be recalibrated.

Supposedly holding the power button down until it shuts off is simulating a battery pull. Only other way I know of is to open the device and physically unplug the battery.

Have you tried just running the battery down to nothing, then with the unit off charging to 100%, then keeping it off the charger until dead and then charging to full agian? This may help re-condition the battery. I don't have any evidence to suggest this works but others have reported longer battery life afterwards. If it doesn't work then nothing lost.

Either that or just buy a new battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread