Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

4.4 Root+W/P Off Droid Ultra/Maxx/Mini - See link

OP xDroid4Lifex

25th June 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96

241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless316

I can't get this to work on a new Mini...

If you're running the latest OTA you need to downgrade your software for PIE to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium
25th June 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDroid4Lifex

If you're running the latest OTA you need to downgrade your software for PIE to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium

Running 19.5.3 (downgraded from OTA of 19.6.3). PIE appears to work fine. It is the WPNoMo that is not working.
25th June 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 126

1,588 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevlor

Does this bring us any closer to unlocking the bootloader, or with that ever happen with 4.4

I don't think so. Motopocalypse exploit doesn't work on these phones (I tried).
25th June 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #34  
Flag Quakertown, PA
Thanks Meter: 7

53 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless316

Running 19.5.3 (downgraded from OTA of 19.6.3). PIE appears to work fine. It is the WPNoMo that is not working.

I just got a 19.5.3 Droid Maxx xt1080M and this is working.

When you run WPnoMo, if you keep the CMD window open that you used to enter the PIE commands and hit the up arrow to get to the last command used in PIE, and then hit enter to execute the command every time it reboots, it will re-root the phone after each reboot allowing WPNomo to continue. You must do this every time until it takes the command so WPNomo can continue. You will see the window tell you the device is not found, hit up arrow to bring up the last PIE command and then enter again. Do this until it actually takes the command while WPNomo is doing its count down or up I guess it is... Once it (PIE) sees the device and takes the command, WPNomo will continue in the other CMD window. Once WPNomo finishes, you will have root and WP off permanently. Then you can take the OTA 19.6.3, retain root with WP off.

Now if there was a SS for the Droid Maxx nondev and CM to go with it - Like I had on my Razr Maxx - we'de have it made...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread