Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 51,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4 Root+W/P Off Droid Ultra/Maxx/Mini - See link

Tip us?

xDroid4Lifex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless316 View Post
I can't get this to work on a new Mini...
If you're running the latest OTA you need to downgrade your software for PIE to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium

Stainless316
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDroid4Lifex View Post
If you're running the latest OTA you need to downgrade your software for PIE to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium
Running 19.5.3 (downgraded from OTA of 19.6.3). PIE appears to work fine. It is the WPNoMo that is not working.

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevlor View Post
Does this bring us any closer to unlocking the bootloader, or with that ever happen with 4.4
I don't think so. Motopocalypse exploit doesn't work on these phones (I tried).

rdenova
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless316 View Post
Running 19.5.3 (downgraded from OTA of 19.6.3). PIE appears to work fine. It is the WPNoMo that is not working.
I just got a 19.5.3 Droid Maxx xt1080M and this is working.

When you run WPnoMo, if you keep the CMD window open that you used to enter the PIE commands and hit the up arrow to get to the last command used in PIE, and then hit enter to execute the command every time it reboots, it will re-root the phone after each reboot allowing WPNomo to continue. You must do this every time until it takes the command so WPNomo can continue. You will see the window tell you the device is not found, hit up arrow to bring up the last PIE command and then enter again. Do this until it actually takes the command while WPNomo is doing its count down or up I guess it is... Once it (PIE) sees the device and takes the command, WPNomo will continue in the other CMD window. Once WPNomo finishes, you will have root and WP off permanently. Then you can take the OTA 19.6.3, retain root with WP off.

Now if there was a SS for the Droid Maxx nondev and CM to go with it - Like I had on my Razr Maxx - we'de have it made...