Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] problem with phone to pc via USB

Tip us?

twiztid_
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] problem with phone to pc via USB

PHONE: Samsung Infuse 4g
ANDROID: v4.4.4
ROM: CarbonRom 2014-06-21

When I tried to plug my phone into my computer, the USB Mass Storage prompt screen kept flickering on and off and I am unable to connect.
I had the same, if not very similar, issue on my phone's stock android version. Windows 7 detects the phone just fine, both stock and custom ROMs, but it will not on Win8.

Is there a driver or something that I would need to install? I had tried the lies in the past, with no luck.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztid_ View Post

When I tried to plug my phone into my computer, the USB Mass Storage prompt screen kept flickering on and off and I am unable to connect.
I had the same, if not very similar, issue on my phone's stock android version. Windows 7 detects the phone just fine, both stock and custom ROMs, but it will not on Win8.

Is there a driver or something that I would need to install? I had tried the lies in the past, with no luck.
i have seen a lot of people have issues with win 8, but havent seen any sure fire solution as of yet. it may be out there, but i havent come across it.
you may want to be sure you are on a usb2 port also, i have seen many people have issues with usb3 ports.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks

chowland1967
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztid_ View Post

I've seen the same problem. I made sure I installed the right drivers for my phone and i'm able to turn on the storage, but it disconnects when I try to copy files over. I usually put everything on my google drive, then download it to my computer/phone.
Kinda a pain, but it works.
Tags
android, usb, windows 8