Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,999 Members 38,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone tries to enter Recovery mode that is broken

Tip us?

mpele
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone tries to enter Recovery mode that is broken

Hey guys, I need help.

I have started to follow instructions to install ClockworkMod on Samsung S5660 Gio. I have downloaded cwm-6.0.2.7-itachiSan-ext4only.zip as it was suggested, renamed it as update.zip and then installed it through recovery mode (home+power buttons).

After that, I am not able to restart phone in the recovery mode, but the phone was working as usual after classical reboot. Then, I have tried “Reboot in Recovery” from application “ROM Manager”.

Now, I have phone that tries to enter Recovery mode that is broken.
Is there any way to break this magic loop? Is it possible to stop phone restarting in reboot mode or to recover recovery mode?

Please, help!!!

pushkardua
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpele View Post
Hey guys, I need help.

I have started to follow instructions to install ClockworkMod on Samsung S5660 Gio. I have downloaded cwm-6.0.2.7-itachiSan-ext4only.zip as it was suggested, renamed it as update.zip and then installed it through recovery mode (home+power buttons).

After that, I am not able to restart phone in the recovery mode, but the phone was working as usual after classical reboot. Then, I have tried “Reboot in Recovery” from application “ROM Manager”.

Now, I have phone that tries to enter Recovery mode that is broken.
Is there any way to break this magic loop? Is it possible to stop phone restarting in reboot mode or to recover recovery mode?

Please, help!!!
Download the stock rom and flash it by going into download mode
(you will need pc to flash)
Please click the "THANKS" buttom if I helped you...If I Helped you ALOT, Please Subscribe to MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

This Would Take You Only a Second But CAn Help Me ALOT!

http://www.androidclaus.com/

mpele
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you pushkardua.

Is it possible to charge battery with device in this condition? When it is connected to the charger nothing visually happens?

chowland1967
Old
Thanks Meter 19
if your phone is off I don't see why it wouldn't charge.