Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved] Stock Htc One Mini Brick (not unlocked, no root)

Tip us?

baumi1899
Old
(Last edited by baumi1899; 25th June 2014 at 11:05 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Solved] Stock Htc One Mini Brick (not unlocked, no root)

Hey guys! I would really appreciate some help.

My phone details:
- Htc one mini, European Version
- *Locked*
- *S-ON*
- Hboot: 2.21.0000
- Radio: 1.22.40e.00.07
- No root
- completly Stock (I think, it schould be on Android v. 4.2)

My story: I've sent this phone to HTC for a repair, because some application (dialer, hangouts etc.) continuously force closed. A factory reset didn't fix the problem and as it's the phone of my mother, i didn't want to unlock it and go with a custom rom. So I've sent it to Htc.
Unfortunatly, after 3 (!) failed repairing attempts, they sent me the phone back, but when I try to power it on, I'm stuck on the white Htc screen. Sometimes the phone loads until the htc screen with the beat sounds logo, but that's it.It stucks at that screen. I can't turn the phone on. Htc told me they wouldn't repair the phone anymore, because i've messed up something with the bootloader (wtf?!). It's the only phone I have, that I never unlocked...Anyway:
I'm able to enter in recovery (the black screen with the phone and the red exclamation point/mark), but nothing more.

So please help me to unbrick the phone. Any suggetion is really appreciate.

Thanks in advanced and sorry for my english.

LQi
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Fixing it would be hard without unlocking the bootloader, maybe you can try to get a logcat and see what errors it gives
The Following User Says Thank You to LQi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

baumi1899
Old
(Last edited by baumi1899; 25th June 2014 at 11:04 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQi View Post
Fixing it would be hard without unlocking the bootloader, maybe you can try to get a logcat and see what errors it gives
First of all, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunatly i can't use adb, because, I presume, the usb debugging isn't turned on.

Unlocking the bootloader at this point wouldn't be an issue for me. But after unlocking it, what would you advice me to do?

Update: In the meantime I unlocked successfully the bootloader.
Uptade 2: Successful installed TWRP 2.7.1.0a
Update 3:PROBLEM SOLVED..once installed twrp, i sideloaded a stock rom to my device internal memory and flashed it via recovery. After wiping cache and dalvik the phone rebooted!
Thank you LQi for your help.
Tags
brick, htc one mini, no root