FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Netflix Debug Info - For the curious

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 20
 
By cstark27, Member on 16th April 2014, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just wanted to let anyone know that if you have a USB keyboard plugged in, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D to bring up the debug info which shows the buffering and playing bitrate, and your last measured download speed along with a plethora of other info (while playing a Netflix video).
 
 
16th April 2014, 01:36 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
very cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstark27

Just wanted to let anyone know that if you have a USB keyboard plugged in, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D to bring up the debug info which shows the buffering and playing bitrate, and your last measured download speed along with a plethora of other info (while playing a Netflix video).

thanks i love detailed info ,
16th April 2014, 04:04 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thanks!

Since Netflix on the Fire TV doesn't support other countries than the US (even with unblock us), this might give me more info regarding why, will have to borrow a USB keyboard now.

adb logcat only gave me cert-errors while trying to play UK netflix or alike, looks like Amazon locked it down a bit more
24th April 2014, 08:46 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDeckers

Thanks!

Since Netflix on the Fire TV doesn't support other countries than the US (even with unblock us), this might give me more info regarding why, will have to borrow a USB keyboard now.

adb logcat only gave me cert-errors while trying to play UK netflix or alike, looks like Amazon locked it down a bit more

I got netflix working with "unlocator". I live in the EU and had to set the DNS in my router. That made it work. I downloaded latest netflix from the store and sideloaded that app, but it's made for touch controls. Atleast the old netflix is working.
The Following User Says Thank You to Senaxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 05:38 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senaxx

I got netflix working with "unlocator". I live in the EU and had to set the DNS in my router. That made it work. I downloaded latest netflix from the store and sideloaded that app, but it's made for touch controls. Atleast the old netflix is working.

What exactly works w/ unlocator? US netflix works for me as well using unblock us, problem is in the local UK/NL versions, they don't work with the stock Netflix app. The side loaded version indeed does work, see my post in the Q&A section. ( to get around touch controls limitations, first start on your phone/tablet, then on the sideloaded netflix)

Still kinda stuck on local (NL/UK) Netflix w/ stock app, or are you saying this works with unlocator ?
27th April 2014, 04:20 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Living in Brazil and I'm using Netflix without any modifications at all. Just had to move my amazon app account to US so I could download the Netflix app.
27th April 2014, 05:39 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielcbit

Living in Brazil and I'm using Netflix without any modifications at all. Just had to move my amazon app account to US so I could download the Netflix app.

Yeah, Fire TV Netflix supports all Americas countries (US,CA,BR,AR,CO etc), but no European ones, even with unblock us and alike. Gives Java certificate chain errors. Too bad for now.
25th June 2014, 10:03 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
European Netflix supported after latest firmware update...
The Following User Says Thank You to hajolo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes