FORUMS

Two New Moto X and New Moto G Announced, Details Inside

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

[Q] When I flash a 4.4. rom I get stuck.

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By orpheux, Junior Member on 21st June 2014, 09:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello. I hope you can help with this problem.

I'm right now with Zaiben 10 and cmw 6.0.4.4.
When I try to flash a 4.x rom, I make a full wipe/factory reset, then I install the rom and finally the gapps. So far OK, but when I restart the mobile, don't boot, there's only a white screen and my phone goes off.

I don't know If I am doing something wrong, but I really appreciate If you can help me to finally install LegoRom or Nameless Rom.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Spain.
 
 
21st June 2014, 09:32 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Prato
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
try with format /system , /data and /cache not only wipe
21st June 2014, 09:40 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo75

try with format /system , /data and /cache not only wipe

The problem persist, thank you.
21st June 2014, 10:58 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Prato
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheux

The problem persist, thank you.

I had a similar problem with CM11 and my nexus 7. I had to change recovery.I was using cwm and I installed twrp instead. After that I did format system,data and cache and flashed rom again.
21st June 2014, 02:04 PM |#5  
dev0lver's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Čakovec
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheux

Hello. I hope you can help with this problem.

I'm right now with Zaiben 10 and cmw 6.0.4.4.
When I try to flash a 4.x rom, I make a full wipe/factory reset, then I install the rom and finally the gapps. So far OK, but when I restart the mobile, don't boot, there's only a white screen and my phone goes off.

I don't know If I am doing something wrong, but I really appreciate If you can help me to finally install LegoRom or Nameless Rom.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Spain.

for cm 11, or general 4.4 rom, you need to cwm 6.0.4.5. installed,then you will be able to do everything normally
The Following User Says Thank You to dev0lver For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 11:50 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev0lver

for cm 11, or general 4.4 rom, you need to cwm 6.0.4.5. installed,then you will be able to do everything normally

Thank you so much
22nd June 2014, 06:23 AM |#7  
dev0lver's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Čakovec
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
hit thanks button if it helped
22nd June 2014, 10:12 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev0lver

hit thanks button if it helped

Thank you for your help, but I can't boot any rom 4.4X (I installed TWRP and the last CWM), all of them when I flash it does not boot, always the phone goes off . The only rom that works for me is Zaiben. Anyway I pressed the button for your help, thank you so much.

EDIT. Instead of doing a wipe, I made a full format and it seems that works...
Last edited by orpheux; 22nd June 2014 at 10:20 AM.
25th June 2014, 10:43 PM |#9  
dev0lver's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Čakovec
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Well yea, when you are switching or going for the first time from stock to some custom rom and backwards, you need to do full wipe and format, but I am not sure if that is the case, since I had stock rom on my phone for 3 days only

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes