No registration required

new ota taken and Playstore fix.

OP rp201

25th June 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

221 posts
More
Before I updated my ftv by re-enabling the update service or deleting the hosts file entry I performed the following tasks.

a. uninstalled modules in xposed app and xbmc launcher module from within xposed app.

b. uninstalled or basically disabled xposed cababilities from "within" the xposed appliction and rebooted for settings to take effect. (I left xposed apk installed)

c. uninstalled all root apps that autostarted like drive mount, ssh-ftp server, landscape orientation app etc.

d. after taking the ota I then re-rooted with towelroot.apk and reinstalled and enabled evertything from steps a through c again.

This may not have been necessary but I did not want to take the straight update as is since it has only been out less than 24hrs.

The google playstore was not working. I then reinstalled all 4 playstore apks required. one of the tab choices when reinstalling 2 of the apks was "new" or "all" under the [rights] section of the app before clicking the "install" tab for the apps. first time through I selected "new" which did not work and playstore would not start up. selecting "all" corrected this issue. Hope this helps.
Last edited by rp201; 26th June 2014 at 01:21 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread