Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery issues.Cwm and philz work. Twrp bootloops

Tip us?

Shadowpaw
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Recovery issues.Cwm and philz work. Twrp bootloops

Just was wondering if anyone has run into this issue. I have tried flashing zips Odin and apps to install recoveries. Any version of TWRP I install will just put the phone in bootloop til I Odin a diff recovery. I have tried googling around and only thing I could get is maybe my motherboard going out. I know when I was on Whomp 4.1.2 I had always used twrp before 4.3 came out. I still have no Knox boot loader and never have had Knox on phone either. Could this just be a sign that I have corrupt memory sectors ? Any help or tips appreciated. Just trying to get phone to last til note 4. Other things I've done is even unmod back to old firmware and let it ota all the way to mc2 so I don't get a knox boatloader. Thanks again

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,512

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowpaw View Post
Just was wondering if anyone has run into this issue. I have tried flashing zips Odin and apps to install recoveries. Any version of TWRP I install will just put the phone in bootloop til I Odin a diff recovery. I have tried googling around and only thing I could get is maybe my motherboard going out. I know when I was on Whomp 4.1.2 I had always used twrp before 4.3 came out. I still have no Knox boot loader and never have had Knox on phone either. Could this just be a sign that I have corrupt memory sectors ? Any help or tips appreciated. Just trying to get phone to last til note 4. Other things I've done is even unmod back to old firmware and let it ota all the way to mc2 so I don't get a knox boatloader. Thanks again
If you want twrp you need one of the versions before 2.7. Thing is twrp does not handle selinux context so it wont work on tw 4.3-4.4.3 and aosp 4.4.+.

I would suggest philz 6.07.9 it handles everything perfectly. So give it a shot and still have problems let me know.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shadowpaw
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
If you want twrp you need one of the versions before 2.7. Thing is twrp does not handle selinux context so it wont work on tw 4.3-4.4.3 and aosp 4.4.+.

I would suggest philz 6.07.9 it handles everything perfectly. So give it a shot and still have problems let me know.

I've read doesn't work on new versions but I 1st had the issue start months ago on 4.1.2 whomp I rebooted to recovery one day after on same ROM over 2 months not a issue and boot loops started then and haven't been able to use twrp since. Last night I finally wanted to try a 4.4 ROM and thats why I just now was posting about it. I'm on philz currently. I'll just stick with what works. Thanks again!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,512

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowpaw View Post
I've read doesn't work on new versions but I 1st had the issue start months ago on 4.1.2 whomp I rebooted to recovery one day after on same ROM over 2 months not a issue and boot loops started then and haven't been able to use twrp since. Last night I finally wanted to try a 4.4 ROM and thats why I just now was posting about it. I'm on philz currently. I'll just stick with what works. Thanks again!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In case you dont already know philz can use you old twrp backups also.

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet