Exchange emails plain out don't work on my GS4

27th April 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

35 posts
So I'm always presented with 'No Emails' on the email app on the Gear 2. I verified the settings on the Gear 2 manager, and my desired email is checked. Why am I not able to see any emails at all?

I'm running a rooted stock firmware of the GS4, if that helps at all.
28th April 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
More
I assume that you are using the stock email app? If so, note that Exchange is rather limited with notifications (such was my case) and someone suggested CloudMagic-- which is AWESOME--- and I am able to actually view my emails, whereas before, I was only able to see the sender and not much more on the Gear 2.

If you are running stock email and are not interested in CloudMagic, verify that the following is checked...

- Settings> Security> Notification Access> Make sure that "Gear Manager" is checked (which should be if you are getting notifications of any sort on the Gear 2).

- Gear Manager> Notifications> Notifications for Gear> Ensure that "Email" is checked.

I feel like there's one more selection (possibly) within the Email app itself, however I cannot remember straight away.
3rd May 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 30

230 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafaffy

So I'm always presented with 'No Emails' on the email app on the Gear 2. I verified the settings on the Gear 2 manager, and my desired email is checked. Why am I not able to see any emails at all?

I'm running a rooted stock firmware of the GS4, if that helps at all.

have you tried on new firmware? I've only had the G2 Neo for 2 days, but I had a firmware install on day 1 and email has always worked fine... no photo/multimedia, but I read my exchange mail as they come in.
4th May 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

35 posts
I figured out the issue (sorry for the delay in posting)

It does work, however I was under the impression that it'd show you all the emails you have, not just new incoming emails.
26th June 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #5  
New York
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Cloud Magic and Gear2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafaffy

I figured out the issue (sorry for the delay in posting)

It does work, however I was under the impression that it'd show you all the emails you have, not just new incoming emails.

How did you get it to work. I have CloudMagic and it gives a runinng list of email titles only. No content and it is in a continuous string that does not delineate between messages. Any assist here would be great. This is only an issue for my exchange account. All other email works fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread