Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Changes in butterfly s Sense 6 ^^

OP leyz86

7th June 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

9 posts
I like to provide some information regarding the changes in sense 6. These changes are very useful to me but not mentioned in most reviews, therefore I hope to inform users of this wonderful mobile phone, perhaps encourage hesitant users to update its software.

1. Most importantly, the ability of the keyboard to 'backspace' and suggest autocorrected words are BACK. It massively improves the typing experience on the already excellent stock keyboard. Previously this function was removed in Sense 5.5, and I had to delete an entire typo word and retype again.

2. Sense 6 use a color code across most areas, and you can change the color in the setting. A same color is used in blinkfeed, the fast toggle menu, on the keyboard itself and in the loading page bar of HTC browser. The UI continues to be smooth and fast.

3. Power usage now shows a much more accurate breakdown of power use by various apps- you can find exactly the app that you use the most to be at the top of power use list. It was almost 'useless' in sense 5.5. And great news, so far I haven't noticed any quicker battery drain than Android 4.3. The drainage from 100% - 90% is no longer as fast as it was previously.

4. This phone acquires a new ability - extreme power saving mode - which could save your day when your battery runs low. I have yet the test how well it helps with battery life in real life. Definitely will come back when I use the phone more.

Some let downs though:
1. Blinkfeed is still not quite there for my need.
2. Icons and interface in the original HTC apps like music got a flatter look (I don't know why it became a trend in all major mobile software platforms)

Lastly - Good job , HTC.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leyz86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

144 posts
More
Does the music skip when you swipe to the visualizer/lyrics? It did on 901e with 4.4 but never before :S
10th June 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYL21

Does the music skip when you swipe to the visualizer/lyrics? It did on 901e with 4.4 but never before :S

No, it does not. It works well on mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to leyz86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Singapura
Thanks Meter: 15

599 posts
More
Battery
How is the battery life as compared to before the update?
22nd June 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyz86

No, it does not. It works well on mine.

hmm, it skips on mine still. it didn't do this for 4.3, but started after 4.4/Sense 5.5
25th June 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Krueger]Dr.Stein

How is the battery life as compared to before the update?

It's hard to tell. it's definitely not better compared to before, but not much worse either. I feel like i am 10% less battery life at the end of the day compared to previous. eg 60% down to only 50%.

but hard to tell as I might have been using the phone more.
The Following User Says Thank You to leyz86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #7  
Flag Singapura
Thanks Meter: 15

599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyz86

It's hard to tell. it's definitely not better compared to before, but not much worse either. I feel like i am 10% less battery life at the end of the day compared to previous. eg 60% down to only 50%.

but hard to tell as I might have been using the phone more.

Thank you. Appreciate it very much.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sense 6
Previous Thread Next Thread