Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 44,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Changes in butterfly s Sense 6 ^^

Tip us?

leyz86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Phone Changes in butterfly s Sense 6 ^^

I like to provide some information regarding the changes in sense 6. These changes are very useful to me but not mentioned in most reviews, therefore I hope to inform users of this wonderful mobile phone, perhaps encourage hesitant users to update its software.

1. Most importantly, the ability of the keyboard to 'backspace' and suggest autocorrected words are BACK. It massively improves the typing experience on the already excellent stock keyboard. Previously this function was removed in Sense 5.5, and I had to delete an entire typo word and retype again.

2. Sense 6 use a color code across most areas, and you can change the color in the setting. A same color is used in blinkfeed, the fast toggle menu, on the keyboard itself and in the loading page bar of HTC browser. The UI continues to be smooth and fast.

3. Power usage now shows a much more accurate breakdown of power use by various apps- you can find exactly the app that you use the most to be at the top of power use list. It was almost 'useless' in sense 5.5. And great news, so far I haven't noticed any quicker battery drain than Android 4.3. The drainage from 100% - 90% is no longer as fast as it was previously.

4. This phone acquires a new ability - extreme power saving mode - which could save your day when your battery runs low. I have yet the test how well it helps with battery life in real life. Definitely will come back when I use the phone more.

Some let downs though:
1. Blinkfeed is still not quite there for my need.
2. Icons and interface in the original HTC apps like music got a flatter look (I don't know why it became a trend in all major mobile software platforms)

Lastly - Good job , HTC.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leyz86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FYL21
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Does the music skip when you swipe to the visualizer/lyrics? It did on 901e with 4.4 but never before :S
HTC Butterfly s 901e
HTC One X+ Telus LTE (screen scratched and dust gets into camera sensor )

Both on stock roms

leyz86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYL21 View Post
Does the music skip when you swipe to the visualizer/lyrics? It did on 901e with 4.4 but never before :S
No, it does not. It works well on mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to leyz86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Battery

How is the battery life as compared to before the update?
[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Your SOUL May Belong To GOD
But Your ASS Is All MINE

FYL21
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyz86 View Post
No, it does not. It works well on mine.
hmm, it skips on mine still. it didn't do this for 4.3, but started after 4.4/Sense 5.5
HTC Butterfly s 901e
HTC One X+ Telus LTE (screen scratched and dust gets into camera sensor )

Both on stock roms

leyz86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Krueger]Dr.Stein View Post
How is the battery life as compared to before the update?
It's hard to tell. it's definitely not better compared to before, but not much worse either. I feel like i am 10% less battery life at the end of the day compared to previous. eg 60% down to only 50%.

but hard to tell as I might have been using the phone more.
The Following User Says Thank You to leyz86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyz86 View Post
It's hard to tell. it's definitely not better compared to before, but not much worse either. I feel like i am 10% less battery life at the end of the day compared to previous. eg 60% down to only 50%.

but hard to tell as I might have been using the phone more.
Thank you. Appreciate it very much.
[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Your SOUL May Belong To GOD
But Your ASS Is All MINE

Tags
sense 6