[ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.2] [3.4 kernel] [TESTING] With /data/media 4G

Search This thread

flintman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 25, 2011
MASS
For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is KITKAT(Android 4.4).

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
  • home key sometimes doesn't turn device on need to use power button-
  • Battery draw getting around 65mA in sleep
  • Wifi tether breaks WIFI. If you turn it on just reboot and wifi will be back
  • Cell service speeds getting 1.5 down and .7 up test build 8-10 getting 6 down and 2 up in my area
  • Cell service is pause once and a while and will reconnect Known issue. So far solved in 8-10
  • Cell service cuts out completely this is very rare but it did happen once and after reset hasn't done again. On a clean install after booting up completely do a reboot and seems to eliminate for now. So far solvednin 8-10
You tell me what you find.

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
(New Site is up Check it out)

Evervolv Bug Tracker: http://bugs.evervolv.com/
(Please have discretion when reporting issues, and be descriptive / helpful. Also understand that we'll have some growing pains with this. So don't expect everything to be perfect.)

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/wbellavance

IRC: #evervolv

[Download]
If you already have evervolv installed you should see this build under testing if you refresh and can download that way.

If you don't have a SIM card or setup with ATT then you can use the regular Touchpad Rom wifi model as the battery life will be better.

ev_tenderloin4g-testing-2014.06.02.zip ->Inital Build

ev_tenderloin4g-testing-2014.06.25.zip see updated issues above

test build 8-10

FLINTMAN-update-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-TEST-Build_4-25-14.zip
--This is a flashing TWRP recovery with data/media and SELINUX support. I have tested 100% of the features and everything is working great as far as i can tell. Soo
with that being said. Use at your own risk 8). Make sure you save a backup from your current recovery just in case. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
--reboot in recovery seems to be working 100% of the time. I have tried about 20 times without an issue.

Netflix 1.8.1 -- Don't upgrade Netflix to the latest if you did download here and downgrade and uncheck auto update in the Play Store this is temp until I figure out what changed again.

NOTE: Recommend a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

[Disclaimer]
I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

[Special Thanks]
i would like to thank Flemmard, Jcsullins, Dorregaray, Invisiblek, Milaq, NewbyJE, and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
Mitchbaria --for a 4g model to start in on this
Colchiro-- For a spare Touchpad WIFI to be able to test on one and develop at the same time

Last edited:

RolandDeschain79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Great News HP TP 4G users!

It's really great news for HP Touchpad 4G owners to be getting along awaited update for their Touchpads. Really incredible work Flintman especially considering you're making two separate Kitkat Builds(DM and Non-DM) for the HP Touchpad already. You sir are deserving of a Touchpad medal of honor. Must be some sort of record maintaining 3 HP TP builds at once.

I wanted to ask you about the installation methods for 4G owners. I have read that the TPToolbox is not currently compatible with 4G, so I must ask if would you be able to install these builds with my Older data media guide below? I have a newer guide for the TPToolbox and I'll add it there when its supported. I've already added it into my older thread so hopefully 4G users will be able to locate and install it. Wish I had a 4G tablet to test on:cowboy:

Thank you for your continued support of our aging but awesome HP TouchPad:highfive:

[ROM GUIDE]How to install Android 4.4.2 Data Media builds on the HP TouchPad

[ROM GUIDE]How to use the TouchPad Toolbox to install Android "The Super Easy Way"

chandra_100

Feb 12, 2011
Manama
It's really great news for HP Touchpad 4G owners to be getting along awaited update for their Touchpads. Really incredible work Flintman especially considering you're making two separate Kitkat Builds(DM and Non-DM) for the HP Touchpad already. You sir are deserving of a Touchpad medal of honor. Must be some sort of record maintaining 3 HP TP builds at once.

I wanted to ask you about the installation methods for 4G owners. I have read that the TPToolbox is not currently compatible with 4G, so I must ask if would you be able to install these builds with my Older data media guide below? I have a newer guide for the TPToolbox and I'll add it there when its supported. I've already added it into my older thread so hopefully 4G users will be able to locate and install it. Wish I had a 4G tablet to test on:cowboy:

Thank you for your continued support of our aging but awesome HP TouchPad:highfive:

[ROM GUIDE]How to use the TouchPad Toolbox to install Android "The Super Easy Way"

Yes; the thread is indeed useful.i used files
Philz+Jcsullins Touch Interface DM-CWM along with the file "32gbTP_and_up_ONLY_Gradular_data_resize_24576-0.1 to resize the partition with instructions. TP looks young and cute these days ;)

Thanks all for your interesting work and much respected.

Reactions: RolandDeschain79

flintman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 25, 2011
MASS
Ok just uploaded a new test build. I got the speeds up on DL and UL not all the way but alot better. You will get a freeze up once and a while looking into that. Read this issues section in the first post. Test it out and let me know if anyone exeriences something different or not at all

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New test build up i had a little time and fixed the cell service getting good speeds and no disconnects. Pretty smooth. Let me know.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Free mobile app
    For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is KITKAT(Android 4.4).

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
    • home key sometimes doesn't turn device on need to use power button-
    • Battery draw getting around 65mA in sleep
    • Wifi tether breaks WIFI. If you turn it on just reboot and wifi will be back
    • Cell service speeds getting 1.5 down and .7 up test build 8-10 getting 6 down and 2 up in my area
    • Cell service is pause once and a while and will reconnect Known issue. So far solved in 8-10
    • Cell service cuts out completely this is very rare but it did happen once and after reset hasn't done again. On a clean install after booting up completely do a reboot and seems to eliminate for now. So far solvednin 8-10
    You tell me what you find.

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (New Site is up Check it out)

Evervolv Bug Tracker: http://bugs.evervolv.com/
    (Please have discretion when reporting issues, and be descriptive / helpful. Also understand that we'll have some growing pains with this. So don't expect everything to be perfect.)

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/wbellavance

IRC: #evervolv

[Download]
    If you already have evervolv installed you should see this build under testing if you refresh and can download that way.

If you don't have a SIM card or setup with ATT then you can use the regular Touchpad Rom wifi model as the battery life will be better.

ev_tenderloin4g-testing-2014.06.02.zip ->Inital Build

ev_tenderloin4g-testing-2014.06.25.zip see updated issues above

test build 8-10

FLINTMAN-update-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-TEST-Build_4-25-14.zip
    --This is a flashing TWRP recovery with data/media and SELINUX support. I have tested 100% of the features and everything is working great as far as i can tell. Soo
    with that being said. Use at your own risk 8). Make sure you save a backup from your current recovery just in case. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
    --reboot in recovery seems to be working 100% of the time. I have tried about 20 times without an issue.

Netflix 1.8.1 -- Don't upgrade Netflix to the latest if you did download here and downgrade and uncheck auto update in the Play Store this is temp until I figure out what changed again.

NOTE: Recommend a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

[Disclaimer]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

[Special Thanks]
    i would like to thank Flemmard, Jcsullins, Dorregaray, Invisiblek, Milaq, NewbyJE, and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
    Mitchbaria --for a 4g model to start in on this
    Colchiro-- For a spare Touchpad WIFI to be able to test on one and develop at the same time
    Sorry all the 4g will only have Data/media as i have too many devices to maintain. It's a better setup with the size of roms and Apps now a days.

Thanks
    Thanks for the great work on the 4g. This truly brings 4g owners out of the dark ages.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Still up to date and this latest build is the best thing to ever hit this device...