Ask a question

No registration required

Signal on NC2 vs NC4?

OP Morkai Almandragon

25th June 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124

1,012 posts
I have seen people claim that the signal on NC4 stock is far better than anything else (IE you have to start on NC4, then root etc to get it working best). I would like to start a discussion concerning this so that we can get an idea of whether this is in fact true, and just how much of a difference there is.
25th June 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 156

396 posts
More
It seems to me that the results vary by region.

When I installed the NC2 leak from Beans... I went from dropping calls in the same 2-3 places every day to dropping only a few calls a month.

I just updated BajaROM to version 15 yesterday, which includes the NC4 modem, and I've dropped more calls in 24 hours than I did in 2 weeks on NC2. Admittedly, I haven't used it long enough to be sure... but my initial reaction is that NC2 was better.
25th June 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 987

3,240 posts
It seems to vary from a lot, I have to best results with NC4. Just try one for a few days then try the other and see what works best for you.
26th June 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 20

142 posts
I honestly went from mje where i had a load of problems to nc2 which had some to nc4 modem which is about on par with nc2 in my area but speeds are faster on nc4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread