Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 41,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock rooted 4.3 to 4.4.2 Sprint S3

Tip us?

polska2180o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Stock rooted 4.3 to 4.4.2 Sprint S3

Hi is there a process or a thread somebody can help me with so that I can upgrade the phone w/o losing root or app data.

droid716
Old
Thanks Meter 684

DONATE TO ME
There's 2 processes to upgrading to 4.4.2 just search the android development thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to droid716 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1573
The short answer is no. It will wipe everything except your external SD and you'll be temporarily unrooted but it's easy to root again.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

g_money
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by polska2180o View Post
Hi is there a process or a thread somebody can help me with so that I can upgrade the phone w/o losing root or app data.
Not to go off on a rant (and I don't want to sound mean in any way ) but what is so freaking important on people's phones, yet hasn't been saved to an SD card or pc or cloud storage? I've just been seeing a lot of posts lately about upgrading without losing data.
And no offense to to you Polska, but if that upgrade don't work out so well then you may have just lost everything anyway. And if you have backed up then I apologize. And if there's a valid reason that you can't lose root or backup data before upgrading then I apologize again. Just please remember there's a big difference between "easy" and "safe"....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I'm just saying....
g_money

PROUD owner of a Sprint Galaxy sIII
(My wife thinks her Note2 is better.
She gets no root access until she apologizes...)

polska2180o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_money View Post
Not to go off on a rant (and I don't want to sound mean in any way ) but what is so freaking important on people's phones, yet hasn't been saved to an SD card or pc or cloud storage? I've just been seeing a lot of posts lately about upgrading without losing data.
And no offense to to you Polska, but if that upgrade don't work out so well then you may have just lost everything anyway. And if you have backed up then I apologize. And if there's a valid reason that you can't lose root or backup data before upgrading then I apologize again. Just please remember there's a big difference between "easy" and "safe"....

Its all backed up its just a pain to do, restore everything set it up the way you want it, disable all the samsung crap all over again etc. Its a process thats all.

g_money
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by polska2180o View Post
Its all backed up its just a pain to do, restore everything set it up the way you want it, disable all the samsung crap all over again etc. Its a process thats all.
Lol. I know what you mean. But my belief (IMHO) is that my flashes go so smooth and my phone runs so well because I always do full wipes when flashing. I compare it to doing a format and fresh install of Windows on my pc. The extra time in backing up and slowly re~adding what I need back means (to me) that I always have the least amount of "crud" as possible on my phone...

I'm just saying....
g_money

PROUD owner of a Sprint Galaxy sIII
(My wife thinks her Note2 is better.
She gets no root access until she apologizes...)
The Following User Says Thank You to g_money For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]