[Q] LG G3 Smartworld apk

Search This thread

dljitx

Jun 10, 2014
Ireland
Hi, I have just purchased a LG G3 from Korea, its the LG F400S and it works fine, except the fact that I cant get into LG Smartworld app, well, I can get into it, it gives me the option of Korea location only, I am unable to change my location to UK in order for me to be able to understand it, how can I get around this, I have tried installing an .apk file but it wouldnt let me install, it said installation unsuccessful, does anyone have any idea on this, I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks in advance.

dljitx

ibsta

Jun 25, 2014
Same here

I also need to figure out how to get that working in english. I installed the VDTSuper light rom... Still no option in the LG smartworld app for any other regions.. just korean!

I then tried downloading it from their website directly, but they said my phone was unsupported!! I guess thats due to the rom.

If anyone knows how and has done it before, please share.

Cheers

mikeythedude

May 14, 2012
It can be done, and used outside of Korea...

However the requirement is that you create an LG SmartWorld account that *thinks* you are in the Korean market. You will need access to a Korean cell phone number (as that is part of the registration process).

If anyone is visiting Korea on a rented Korean SIM, you might be able to activate it that way. I was fortunate enough to have some connections there who were kind enough to let me quickly borrow their phone # for the verification process.

After that, you should be able to login regardless of your physical location, as long as it thinks your account is Korean.

On the LG SmartWorld registration screen, it explicitly states (in Korean) that the service is only available there for now.

Hope this helps :)

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Could this work with a vpn??? Set it to be in Korea or still need phone number from korea?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mikeythedude

May 14, 2012
Could this work with a vpn??? Set it to be in Korea or still need phone number from korea?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Not quite. The actual LG SmartWorld registration process requires you to enter in a Korean cell phone # to fully complete the registration. A Korean VPN would definitely help during registration, but you still need a valid Korean cell # to register. Most cell #'s there are 8 digits behind the "area code/region code" digits.

dljitx

Jun 10, 2014
Ireland
Thanks very much for the info, will try and getnanKorean cell number to do the registration, i will let you know how i get on :)

Sent From my LG G3 F400K using Tapatalk Pro

Showtek1980

Hi, I have just purchased a LG G3 from Korea, its the LG F400S and it works fine, except the fact that I cant get into LG Smartworld app, well, I can get into it, it gives me the option of Korea location only, I am unable to change my location to UK in order for me to be able to understand it, how can I get around this, I have tried installing an .apk file but it wouldnt let me install, it said installation unsuccessful, does anyone have any idea on this, I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks in advance.

dljitx

Hi.. :) Try this but your phone MUST be rooted..

http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/themes-apps/app-lg-smart-world-global-f400x-t2840614#post54769824

or

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2547898

Last edited:
Reactions: stunt_101

Top Liked Posts