Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 38,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

question about the update

Tip us?

stoph8n24
Old
(Last edited by stoph8n24; 13th June 2014 at 04:18 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default question about the update

Just got this Verizon note 2 from a friend, 4.3 MJ9, rooted it with saferoot method and found that an update was downloaded to the phone. Where is this update so I can safely delete. Also, with all this talk of locked and unlocked bootloader, I was wondering what are my options ROM wise? Way too much Samsung junk to freeze on here and I haven't flashed anything since my Bionic! Thanks guys

stoph8n24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can someone at least tell me where the update downloads to so I can delete it?

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3842

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoph8n24 View Post
Just got this Verizon note 2 from a friend, 4.3 MJ9, rooted it with saferoot method and found that an update was downloaded to the phone. Where is this update so I can safely delete. Also, with all this talk of locked and unlocked bootloader, I was wondering what are my options ROM wise? Way too much Samsung junk to freeze on here and I haven't flashed anything since my Bionic! Thanks guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoph8n24 View Post
Can someone at least tell me where the update downloads to so I can delete it?
Patience..

Update is usually in cache/

Anyway... 4.3 is also locked.. So your only option is SafeStrap..with limited ROMS

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to lacoursiere18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TonikJDK
Old
Thanks Meter 24
After you delete the update freeze the app SDM 1.0 so it doesn't download again.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonikJDK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]