Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,249 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New owner questions

Tip us?

rogerperk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default New owner questions

Just got mine today, mainly to know when I get phone calls or messages, not as a replacement for my S5. However, I am seeing a lot of other things going on so I'd like to see what it can actually do. I've tried some watch faces but I'm having a hard time getting everything I want on it. Analog, ACCURATE temp, day, date. I can get part of all but the temp is wrong. Also what does Tasker do for me? And Glance? Is ti worth using those apps and do you have some others that you'd like to suggest for a functional guy?

Aut0mat3d
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I am happy with canvas for pebble, where you can easily make your Personal watchface.
Also you can modify / copy the built in Layouts, add sensors and switch watchfaces with a little tap via the canvas-app.

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk

rogerperk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aut0mat3d View Post
I am happy with canvas for pebble, where you can easily make your Personal watchface.
Also you can modify / copy the built in Layouts, add sensors and switch watchfaces with a little tap via the canvas-app.

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk
Been working with Canvas all day and I like it. I now have the watch face (for digital anyway) that I like. Dumping Glance. Too hard to use.

MrShigs
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I just started using awear and I like it

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rogerperk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShigs View Post
I just started using awear and I like it

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I"m a pretty minimallist guy and the Pebble lets me do that. Looked at the Samsung stuff and thought about Androidwear but that all looks pretty complicated. Let me know how it works for you. I just used Canvas to build a digital face that had pretty much everything I want info wise on it. Weather still doesn't track with my Phone but it's close enough.

MrShigs
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
I"m a pretty minimallist guy and the Pebble lets me do that. Looked at the Samsung stuff and thought about Androidwear but that all looks pretty complicated. Let me know how it works for you. I just used Canvas to build a digital face that had pretty much everything I want info wise on it. Weather still doesn't track with my Phone but it's close enough.
The app gives a lot of features with a very simple look. I really like some of the features though such as being able to reply to a text message with quick replies. So far so good. I also use Pebble Instant as well.

Jraider44
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
Feel the same way! Really considering the steel over a Moto 360 b/c I don't need all that junk. Plus I feel like the color display would suck battery life and be distracting...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rogerperk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I am interested in Androidwear but I'm pretty sure the shiney stuff won't convince me to buy. Cool concept though. Just don't think its practical now.

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more