Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

E98010P Rooting

Tip us?

electrojas
Old
(Last edited by electrojas; 8th May 2014 at 12:03 AM.) Reason: got it
Thanks Meter 35
Question CWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepsts View Post
I'm very excited to tell you I did indeed take care of this. Once you have FreeGee (with BusyBox for Required Devices like mine) you can install CWM on the button from FreeGee. From there you do this:
Turn off your phone.
Turn it back on holding Volume Up + Power Button.
It should boot into CWM.
If that doesn't work Try Turning it back on with both Volume buttons and the Power Button.
Once you're in CWM you can make a backup of your current build. (Restore and backup). This allows you to restore everything you have now if you mess it up. Should be your best friend to avoid bricks.
I read it's best to do it on an External SD Card so I hope you have one.

Once that's done you can then install ROMs.
I downloaded the Last JellyBean (4.3) build of Carbon (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439911) and put it onto the External SD Card. I then Factory Reset the thing FROM THE CWM (that's important). From there, you go to install zip (also in CWM) and install your ROM.

I highly suggest using the Carbon ROM. It's very sleek and clean. I was having a slight battery draining issue with it but I just changed the CPU Governor and I think it's a lot better now. You can also install the gapps (DL here http://goo.im/gapps The 4.3.0 if you're using the JB version of Carbon, I suggest it over the KitKat since the KitKat build has yet to be FULLY functional.)

Hope this helps (: If you need any more help I can try to help you.
Ok, so following instructions I installed CWM with Freegee. inside of freegee I booted into CWM and did a backup and rebooted. THe problem I am having is if I try to boot into CWM from powering on using volume up + Power it just boots normal, if I try volume up + down + Power I get a normal boot. If Im plugged into my laptop and try it I just get download mode with vol up +vol down + power. I cant just boot into CWM with either sets of button combos. is there a specific time when you let off one of the buttons or something? I am stuck? Anyone have any ideas?
Ok Heres what it is. When I hold Vol up + Power, as soon as the first LG symbol pops up I let go of vol up while keeping power button held and the screen goes to where it says "secure boot error device unlocked so boot ok". Then it goes straight to CWM.
The secret to getting ahead is getting started. The secret to getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.

ahm12
Old
Thanks Meter 18
can anyone confirm. this is my understanding of rooting lg pro if you took the at&t update..

1) watch the video in 2nd post and follow the instructions to get root.
2) Use Freegee to install Clockwork Mod

once clockwork mod is installed you can install any e980 compatible roms..

the lg flashtool method makes no sense to me.. this method seems easier
Device: HTC One X (S4)
Retired: Iphone 3gs
HTC Inspire™ 4G
HTC ARIA™

electrojas
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I found out through a bunch of reading, that if it says" secure boot error device unlocked so boot ok" means that it worked and all is good

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The secret to getting ahead is getting started. The secret to getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.

Snepsts
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahm12 View Post
can anyone confirm. this is my understanding of rooting lg pro if you took the at&t update..

1) watch the video in 2nd post and follow the instructions to get root.
2) Use Freegee to install Clockwork Mod

once clockwork mod is installed you can install any e980 compatible roms..

the lg flashtool method makes no sense to me.. this method seems easier
I use the flash tool for reflashing to stock.

chasechs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation won't install

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL969u View Post
I figured out a way to work on my LG Optimus G Pro running 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with E98010p. Watch this Youtube vid, Its a chinese root but he shows you how to make it english.

i downloaded the application but it won't install on my windows PC. Its saying that windows can't doesn't have the appropriate permissions to access the file. Help please. running windows 7 ultimate.

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 999

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasechs View Post
i downloaded the application but it won't install on my windows PC. Its saying that windows can't doesn't have the appropriate permissions to access the file. Help please. running windows 7 ultimate.
Just use Kingo to root it man

2SHAYNEZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">