Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 50,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Source built cm 11 hang at Google logo.

Tip us?

jonathanxx1
Old
(Last edited by jonathanxx1; 22nd June 2014 at 07:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Source built cm 11 hang at Google logo.

So I made a source built cm 11 ROM but when I boot it , it hang at the Google logo.
From what I saw there was no error during the build, the blobs were extracted, I built with java 6 , because the first time I tried with java 7 and it was saying continue at your own risk, your building with the wrong java version but still the second build doesn't pass the Google logo.
What could cause that?
Btw yes i searched xda before posting but i cant find anything for my problem.
I even did another repo sync today and built another time, still no error, no error also when flashing in recovery, but still hanging at the google logo.
After about 5 minutes hanging at google logo i get a popup from ubuntu saying "Unable to open MTP device" but still no boot up.
I dont know if it might help but at the start of the build process i get this: find: `src': No such file or directory
Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

a2441918
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3296

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanxx1 View Post
So I made a source built cm 11 ROM but when I boot it , it hang at the Google logo.
From what I saw there was no error during the build, the blobs were extracted, I built with java 6 , because the first time I tried with java 7 and it was saying continue at your own risk, your building with the wrong java version but still the second build doesn't pass the Google logo.
What could cause that?
Btw yes i searched xda before posting but i cant find anything for my problem.
I even did another repo sync today and built another time, still no error, no error also when flashing in recovery, but still hanging at the google logo.
After about 5 minutes hanging at google logo i get a popup from ubuntu saying "Unable to open MTP device" but still no boot up.
I dont know if it might help but at the start of the build process i get this: find: `src': No such file or directory
Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Maybe your device blobs are not there. For What device did u build?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2441918 View Post
Maybe your device blobs are not there. Nexus 4 requires both qcom and broadcom libs too.. use them and make a build again. You can find the blobs at www.github.com/SOKP

The Following User Says Thank You to a2441918 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonathanxx1
Old
(Last edited by jonathanxx1; 25th June 2014 at 03:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2441918 View Post
Maybe your device blobs are not there. For What device did u build?

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

I extracted them the CM way by pluging my phone running a cm 4.4.4 rom to the pc and i also done it the google way with the official binaries and running the script for the 3 drivers and saying "I ACCEPT" to the 3 of them.
Im totally lost, im curently making another attempt.
Also, just to make sure, i dont need to re extract those blobs before every build? I mean , once they are there , no need to extract them again?
And what happen if new android version come out and new drivers also, can i just delete the vendor folder and extract the new ones?

CdTDroiD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3580

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried running logcat and finding the problem?

Current Device: Nexus 5
Developed for: HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD, HTC Sensation, HTC One, Galaxy Note 1, 2 & 3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 5 (Coming)