Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installing stock apps on custom ROM possible?

Tip us?

lester78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Installing stock apps on custom ROM possible?

Hi guys,

I'm searching from different threads but I didn't get any clear answer. Is it possible to install stock apps on custom roms like Omni and Cyanogenmod? I just want the stock camera of my Huawei P6. Anyone who can advise? I already have the stock apk and the odex file if needed. Thanks.

lester78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone? I miss the camera app.

astrit1
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lester78 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm searching from different threads but I didn't get any clear answer. Is it possible to install stock apps on custom roms like Omni and Cyanogenmod? I just want the stock camera of my Huawei P6. Anyone who can advise? I already have the stock apk and the odex file if needed. Thanks.

Just the .apk and the odex are not all , we need for the camera some stock libs files to make the camera options work.

If someone knows plss tell us, we really like the stock camera
Huawei Ascend P6 | Quad Core 1.5GHz | 8GB | 2GB RAM [ROM][4.4.4][ Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 4.43 [17.07.2014]
Samsung S4 mini I9195 | Dual Core 1.7GHz | 8GB | 1.5GB RAM ( Stock 4.2.2 ! )

Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i
Sony Ericsson WT19i
The Following User Says Thank You to astrit1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XDAvatar
Old
(Last edited by XDAvatar; 23rd June 2014 at 05:54 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 60
odex ? Most of the ROM's are deodexed, so creating that odex file it's not a good idea. Anyway, you can just install the app in a normal way, works very good. I have stock camera on OMNI 4.4.4 so, what are you waiting for.
The Following User Says Thank You to XDAvatar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

astrit1
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAvatar View Post
odex ? Most of the ROM's are deodexed, so creating that odex file it's not a good idea. Anyway, you can just install the app in a normal way, works very good. I have stock camera on OMNI 4.4.4 so, what are you waiting for.
Yes Emui Camera work on Omni ROm but there are no options like in Emui Rom thats the problem
Huawei Ascend P6 | Quad Core 1.5GHz | 8GB | 2GB RAM [ROM][4.4.4][ Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 4.43 [17.07.2014]
Samsung S4 mini I9195 | Dual Core 1.7GHz | 8GB | 1.5GB RAM ( Stock 4.2.2 ! )

Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i
Sony Ericsson WT19i

XDAvatar
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrit1 View Post
Yes Emui Camera work on Omni ROm but there are no options like in Emui Rom thats the problem
That was just for testing, now I'm using OMNI camera, and I'll try PA ROM when it will be uploaded.

lester78
Old
(Last edited by lester78; 24th June 2014 at 05:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAvatar View Post
I checked the APKs of Omni 4.4.4 and I saw that there was a camera2.apk and gallery2.apk. Does it mean that the stock camera is already installed? But it doesn't look and feel like the stock camera. I tried installing my own gallery2.apk which I got somewhere but it said "app not installed." Can you share the stock camera you installed in your Omni rom? Thanks

Sakkar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Bump. Would love to see Huawei's camera and gallery app on Omni.

lester78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I just upgraded to Paranoid Android 4.4. Still, the camera is the same with Omni 4.4.4. I tried installing the gallery2.apk from official B510 and got "app not installed". I'm getting paranoid here. lol.

lester78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update: I successfully installed the stock camera from B510. I use ES file manager to copy the APK to system/app/ folder then reboot.

But the front camera flash is not working. Also, the beauty function is missing.

#Not satisfied.