FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Q] Nexus 7 Bricked due to 4.4.3 Update?

Thanks Meter: 1
 
By mbressman, Member on 13th June 2014, 03:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th June 2014, 11:57 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi,

I have the same issue since yesterday. When I pulled my nexus from my backpack (charged 12 hours earlier) its battery was drained. After charging it nexus stucked on google screen during normal or recovery boot. Oem unlock also hangs on erasing userdata. I'm looking forward for any solution to this.
Maybe some ****ty update? I've got the LTE version.
 
 
22nd June 2014, 02:31 AM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Anyone have anything else I can try?

I'm currently working on getting ASUS to replace the device under warranty - but they want me to send it in first, and I'm concerned that while I can't access any of my data on it, the data might still be there and potentially accessible to others (and I'd prefer to not have all of my confidential data that I stored on there accessible to anyone else). Unfortunately, ASUS won't replace/repair it unless I send it in, so I'm between a rock and a hard place...

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
25th June 2014, 12:24 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbressman

Anyone have anything else I can try?

I'm currently working on getting ASUS to replace the device under warranty - but they want me to send it in first, and I'm concerned that while I can't access any of my data on it, the data might still be there and potentially accessible to others (and I'd prefer to not have all of my confidential data that I stored on there accessible to anyone else). Unfortunately, ASUS won't replace/repair it unless I send it in, so I'm between a rock and a hard place...

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

I've tried every single way to unbrick my nexus. After 2 days of searching send it for repair. Without any questions they replaced mainboard. Problem solved hard way.
25th June 2014, 03:37 PM |#14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawson

I've tried every single way to unbrick my nexus. After 2 days of searching send it for repair. Without any questions they replaced mainboard. Problem solved hard way.

Gawson - when you got it back did it still have your data on it, or was it wiped?
26th June 2014, 08:37 AM |#15  
Junior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbressman

Gawson - when you got it back did it still have your data on it, or was it wiped?

When I got it was wiped. Flash is on the mainboard so there was no way they could save my data. They do not migrate your personal stuff.
Now its working like new. In fact it has all new guts except battery and screen.
Only problem is that now auto brightness sensor is giving crap instead of useful data. I don't know if its hardware related or just 4.4.3 issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank