Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 53,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 Bricked due to 4.4.3 Update?

Tip us?

Gawson
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,

I have the same issue since yesterday. When I pulled my nexus from my backpack (charged 12 hours earlier) its battery was drained. After charging it nexus stucked on google screen during normal or recovery boot. Oem unlock also hangs on erasing userdata. I'm looking forward for any solution to this.
Maybe some ****ty update? I've got the LTE version.

mbressman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone have anything else I can try?

I'm currently working on getting ASUS to replace the device under warranty - but they want me to send it in first, and I'm concerned that while I can't access any of my data on it, the data might still be there and potentially accessible to others (and I'd prefer to not have all of my confidential data that I stored on there accessible to anyone else). Unfortunately, ASUS won't replace/repair it unless I send it in, so I'm between a rock and a hard place...

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Gawson
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
Anyone have anything else I can try?

I'm currently working on getting ASUS to replace the device under warranty - but they want me to send it in first, and I'm concerned that while I can't access any of my data on it, the data might still be there and potentially accessible to others (and I'd prefer to not have all of my confidential data that I stored on there accessible to anyone else). Unfortunately, ASUS won't replace/repair it unless I send it in, so I'm between a rock and a hard place...

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
I've tried every single way to unbrick my nexus. After 2 days of searching send it for repair. Without any questions they replaced mainboard. Problem solved hard way.

mbressman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawson View Post
I've tried every single way to unbrick my nexus. After 2 days of searching send it for repair. Without any questions they replaced mainboard. Problem solved hard way.
Gawson - when you got it back did it still have your data on it, or was it wiped?

Gawson
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
Gawson - when you got it back did it still have your data on it, or was it wiped?
When I got it was wiped. Flash is on the mainboard so there was no way they could save my data. They do not migrate your personal stuff.
Now its working like new. In fact it has all new guts except battery and screen.
Only problem is that now auto brightness sensor is giving crap instead of useful data. I don't know if its hardware related or just 4.4.3 issue.