Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't flash ROM: Wipe all and don't have OS

Tip us?
 
zenneka
Old
(Last edited by zenneka; 23rd June 2014 at 08:33 PM.) Reason: adding text
#1  
zenneka's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 17
Join Date: Apr 2012
Unhappy Can't flash ROM: Wipe all and don't have OS

Hi there.
I recently flashed the OmniROM to my i8190, but since it got several issues, after two weeks i decided to flash stock ROM.
So i enter TWRP recovery and wipe all data on the smartphone, but then my computer crashed and lost the VM that got Odin and drivers etc. so in a new VM i decided to try to flash, but now i can't.

Odin doesn't recognize my i8190, i thought ADB sideload could do the trick following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559200but all i got was:
error: device not found

Now i ended up with a pretty brick hahaha.
How can i flash a ROM ..ANY to my phone.
I got another i8190 so i installed the drivers from it to the VM, all except the MTP device, that got error.
I also installed SAMSUNG drivers, but nothing, ... i'm kind of losing it now hahaha.

Can someone helpe me flash this thing?

a) I CAN enter TWRP Recovery
b) I CAN enter Download Mode
c) Don't know if Odin doesn't pick it up since USB Debug i presume it's not on, but then again, since no OS is installed, i don't know how to turn it on from recovery or something like it.
 
tys0n
Old
#2  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1233
Posts: 1,979
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenneka View Post
Hi there.
I recently flashed the OmniROM to my i8190, but since it got several issues, after two weeks i decided to flash stock ROM.
So i enter TWRP recovery and wipe all data on the smartphone, but then my computer crashed and lost the VM that got Odin and drivers etc. so in a new VM i decided to try to flash, but now i can't.

Odin doesn't recognize my i8190, i thought ADB sideload could do the trick following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559200but all i got was:
error: device not found

Now i ended up with a pretty brick hahaha.
How can i flash a ROM ..ANY to my phone.
I got another i8190 so i installed the drivers from it to the VM, all except the MTP device, that got error.
I also installed SAMSUNG drivers, but nothing, ... i'm kind of losing it now hahaha.

Can someone helpe me flash this thing?

a) I CAN enter TWRP Recovery
b) I CAN enter Download Mode
c) Don't know if Odin doesn't pick it up since USB Debug i presume it's not on, but then again, since no OS is installed, i don't know how to turn it on from recovery or something like it.
Try another usb port and/or another usb cable. Also make sure that nothing with kies is runnung in background if you happens to have that installed.
When you connect with adb, also take a look on your phone screen if it asks for authorization to connect.
You got both download and recovery so problem is with connection/drivers.
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
#3  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 488
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenneka View Post
Hi there.
I recently flashed the OmniROM to my i8190, but since it got several issues, after two weeks i decided to flash stock ROM.
So i enter TWRP recovery and wipe all data on the smartphone, but then my computer crashed and lost the VM that got Odin and drivers etc. so in a new VM i decided to try to flash, but now i can't.

Odin doesn't recognize my i8190, i thought ADB sideload could do the trick following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559200but all i got was:
error: device not found

Now i ended up with a pretty brick hahaha.
How can i flash a ROM ..ANY to my phone.
I got another i8190 so i installed the drivers from it to the VM, all except the MTP device, that got error.
I also installed SAMSUNG drivers, but nothing, ... i'm kind of losing it now hahaha.

Can someone helpe me flash this thing?

a) I CAN enter TWRP Recovery
b) I CAN enter Download Mode
c) Don't know if Odin doesn't pick it up since USB Debug i presume it's not on, but then again, since no OS is installed, i don't know how to turn it on from recovery or something like it.
Try this :

If you have an external sdcard in your s3 mini then :

1. remove it and put it into a other phone
2. download a ROM and move the ROM what you downloaded to your external sdcard
3. Put the external sdcard back to your s3 mini
4. Go to recovery and choose "install from external sdcard"
5. And intstall the ROM
6. Done! You have a OS again.

It's very easy and if you don't have a external sdcard then you have a big problem bro
The Following User Says Thank You to xXPR0T0TYPEXx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MarisPiper
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: May 2014
Default shelves mmerese

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx View Post
1. remove it and put it into a other phone
If you have an adapter (micro SD to SD) then you should be able to insert the card into a card reader. This will probably be easier than trying to find another phone.
 
zenneka
Old
#5  
zenneka's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 17
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisPiper View Post
If you have an adapter (micro SD to SD) then you should be able to insert the card into a card reader. This will probably be easier than trying to find another phone.
Yeah i did this, but no luck at all.
Finally i change the usb driver, installed Kies again and voilá! Odin picked up the phone and flash were on .
Thanks to all.
 
MarisPiper
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: May 2014
Glad you've got it sorted.

I've noticed my PC wants to install drivers for the phone almost constantly. Every small change seems to result in a change of driver. It can be frustrating.
 
efaustino84
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 251
Posts: 772
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Harare
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisPiper View Post
Glad you've got it sorted.

I've noticed my PC wants to install drivers for the phone almost constantly. Every small change seems to result in a change of driver. It can be frustrating.
due to windows updates this should be expected that certain third party software like the drivers would need updates

so that leaves two choices

either keep your stuff up to date

or

get left behind and drowned in problems
Use the search functionality before you post as the question may have already been asked

I don't need donations, all I ask for is a bit of thanks and some appreciation for my work
My Work

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android App Review: How to Speed Up Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV

Is your Android device running slow? Is your Android device … more

Make a Pre-Rooted Stock Sony ROMs in Just Few Clicks

Many usersdon’t see any particular reason to change out the stock firmware … more

Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more