Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Solution to the BT keyboard dissconnect issue??

Tip us?

DeBoX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Question [Q] Solution to the BT keyboard dissconnect issue??

Ive recently bought a a bt keyboard, a cheap unit that works fine with my other android but keeps disconnecting from my note, pretty much every third second or so.

I know this has been asked and answered other places, that for some odd reason i cant find anymore, but l would very much appreciate someone giving a poor sod a helping hand.

Ive tried to turn off the on screen keyboard, and that didnt help much...

Any other tricks i can try out before i return the bt keyboard??

The note in question is a sm-p600

Help, please

Thanks in advance.

sam2c
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBoX View Post
Ive recently bought a a bt keyboard, a cheap unit that works fine with my other android but keeps disconnecting from my note, pretty much every third second or so.

I know this has been asked and answered other places, that for some odd reason i cant find anymore, but l would very much appreciate someone giving a poor sod a helping hand.

Ive tried to turn off the on screen keyboard, and that didnt help much...

Any other tricks i can try out before i return the bt keyboard??

The note in question is a sm-p600

Help, please

Thanks in advance.
Try installing Bluetooth Easy Connect app from the Play Store. Its the only solution that worked for me. Follow the instructions in the app description.

sequence2469
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2c View Post
Try installing Bluetooth Easy Connect app from the Play Store. Its the only solution that worked for me. Follow the instructions in the app description.
Yup thats the only thing that worked for me too https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ls.btkbservice.

DeBoX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Problem is that it needs root, and I'm not that keen on killing my warranty just yet... I know some people have had some luck with either sending it in or exchanging it, but that's a lot of hassle, no guarantee that you get a safe unit, and to be honest something else might be busted ( yellow screen, SD card issue etc) ( Really samsung, Really? Quality test dpt is having quality issues )

sameer1807
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I bought a Samsung Bluetooth slate keyboard and it works 100%. I am Also on stock 4.4.2. Before, i was on rooted Roms. Had disconnects with every Bluetooth keyboard I tried(tried like 4-5)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

DeBoX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
so in your case KK fixed it?