Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Solved] HTC One S4 in bootloop, need help to recover files

Tip us?

Kumbo
Old
(Last edited by Kumbo; 26th June 2014 at 01:37 PM.) Reason: Solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] [Solved] HTC One S4 in bootloop, need help to recover files

Hi everyone,

Since yesterday, my HTC One S is stuck in bootloop (even in safe mode), for unknown reasons (did not install an app, nor tried to flash a ROM or update version of something).

I'd just like to recover some pics I did not sync with Dropbox and a few files. What I have to do that is :
Win7 64 bits, HTC drivers installed
HBOOT-2.15.0000 UNLOCKED S-ON
FASTBOOT USB is shown when plugged to the PC (when I go in the recovery, my PC recognizes the device, otherwise it just shows as My HTC)

I tried using adb to "pull" some files. When I enter the command adb pull /system/ \system for example, it works, it transfers the files. But when I try with adb pull /internal_sd/ \card it says "remote object 'sdcard' doesn't exist", which is weird since I can see the different folders when using TWRP.

Any idea what might help?

Thanks!

Rapier
Old
(Last edited by Rapier; 26th June 2014 at 07:50 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,632

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbo View Post
Hi everyone,

Since yesterday, my HTC One S is stuck in bootloop (even in safe mode), for unknown reasons (did not install an app, nor tried to flash a ROM or update version of something).

I'd just like to recover some pics I did not sync with Dropbox and a few files. What I have to do that is :
Win7 64 bits, HTC drivers installed
HBOOT-2.15.0000 UNLOCKED S-ON
FASTBOOT USB is shown when plugged to the PC (when I go in the recovery, my PC recognizes the device, otherwise it just shows as My HTC)

I tried using adb to "pull" some files. When I enter the command adb pull /system/ \system for example, it works, it transfers the files. But when I try with adb pull /internal_sd/ \card it says "remote object 'sdcard' doesn't exist", which is weird since I can see the different folders when using TWRP.

Any idea what might help?

Thanks!
Mounting usb storage from recovery does not make the sdcard available on your pc?

Now reading again I saw you said about fastboot... Your phone is stock? That's not the recovery in this case, you're entering the bootloader

Try to mount it from TWRP, you said it's accessible from there

Sent from nowhere over the air...
Don't force it...use a bigger hammer!

HTC One S - AOSPA Legacy 4+ / CandyKat
HTC Desire S - IceColdSandwich
HTC Legend - CyanogenMod V7.1.0 (sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kumbo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
Mounting usb storage from recovery does not make the sdcard available on your pc?

Now reading again I saw you said about fastboot... Your phone is stock? That's not the recovery in this case, you're entering the bootloader

Try to mount it from TWRP, you said it's accessible from there
Thanks for your answer. You're right it was the bootloader, not the recovery.

I tried mounting and unmounting numerous times and it finally worked! I still could not see anything from Win7, but at least the adb pull command is working. I've been able to get the files I wanted, so I guess now I'll try to wipe everything I can and start fresh.

Next phone: one with a sdcard that I can plug out, and no important data on the internal memory! Less hassle.