No registration required

[Q] [Solved] HTC One S4 in bootloop, need help to recover files

OP Kumbo

26th June 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi everyone,

Since yesterday, my HTC One S is stuck in bootloop (even in safe mode), for unknown reasons (did not install an app, nor tried to flash a ROM or update version of something).

I'd just like to recover some pics I did not sync with Dropbox and a few files. What I have to do that is :
Win7 64 bits, HTC drivers installed
HBOOT-2.15.0000 UNLOCKED S-ON
FASTBOOT USB is shown when plugged to the PC (when I go in the recovery, my PC recognizes the device, otherwise it just shows as My HTC)

I tried using adb to "pull" some files. When I enter the command adb pull /system/ \system for example, it works, it transfers the files. But when I try with adb pull /internal_sd/ \card it says "remote object 'sdcard' doesn't exist", which is weird since I can see the different folders when using TWRP.

Any idea what might help?

Thanks!
Last edited by Kumbo; 26th June 2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Solved
26th June 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1,755

3,709 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbo

Hi everyone,

Since yesterday, my HTC One S is stuck in bootloop (even in safe mode), for unknown reasons (did not install an app, nor tried to flash a ROM or update version of something).

I'd just like to recover some pics I did not sync with Dropbox and a few files. What I have to do that is :
Win7 64 bits, HTC drivers installed
HBOOT-2.15.0000 UNLOCKED S-ON
FASTBOOT USB is shown when plugged to the PC (when I go in the recovery, my PC recognizes the device, otherwise it just shows as My HTC)

I tried using adb to "pull" some files. When I enter the command adb pull /system/ \system for example, it works, it transfers the files. But when I try with adb pull /internal_sd/ \card it says "remote object 'sdcard' doesn't exist", which is weird since I can see the different folders when using TWRP.

Any idea what might help?

Thanks!

Mounting usb storage from recovery does not make the sdcard available on your pc?

Now reading again I saw you said about fastboot... Your phone is stock? That's not the recovery in this case, you're entering the bootloader

Try to mount it from TWRP, you said it's accessible from there

Sent from nowhere over the air...
Last edited by Rapier; 26th June 2014 at 08:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier

Mounting usb storage from recovery does not make the sdcard available on your pc?

Now reading again I saw you said about fastboot... Your phone is stock? That's not the recovery in this case, you're entering the bootloader

Try to mount it from TWRP, you said it's accessible from there

Thanks for your answer. You're right it was the bootloader, not the recovery.

I tried mounting and unmounting numerous times and it finally worked! I still could not see anything from Win7, but at least the adb pull command is working. I've been able to get the files I wanted, so I guess now I'll try to wipe everything I can and start fresh.

Next phone: one with a sdcard that I can plug out, and no important data on the internal memory! Less hassle.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread