Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] whatsapp verification problem

OP narmerpolo

19th June 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
good day everyone, i'm facing a problem in my HTC one on the phase of verifying the whatsapp on it.
i had Iphone 5s and my whatsapp was installed on it, i was using it without any problem. then i bought the HTC one and i factory reset the Iphone 5s.
after installing the whatsapp on the HTC one and inserting my phone number i waited for the verification sms which in a minute gives me a message stating " SMS verification failed please try voice verification", and then when i press on call me it gives me a message stating " we couldn`t call your number, please check your number and try again in 1 hour" and i did many times, and it did not work.
i have Google and searched the web for solution even XDA and i did not find any. i followed the troubleshooting step by step with no success. i even sent an e-mail to whatsapp support and they replied with the troubleshooting steps which i did again with no success; then i sent them that it did not work but no reply.
so far for my conclusion i think that the iphone whatsapp is blocking my phone number from being installed on another phone even after uninstalling it.
can anyone help or support in solving this issue?

thx in advance.
24th June 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
any support will be appreciated, this problem is driving me to the wall
24th June 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

51 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by narmerpolo

any support will be appreciated, this problem is driving me to the wall

Does your network has range!? Check date and time setting on phone! Change it to automatic !
25th June 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayy29

Does your network has range!? Check date and time setting on phone! Change it to automatic !

thx akshayy for the reply, the date and time setting is set to automatic and same problem.
25th June 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #5  

51 posts
More
Exclamation
Your phone details please!? Rooted ?! Any module installed!? Applications like Market unlocker Might give that problem! N are you sure you are using whatsapp and not whatsapp plus!?
25th June 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

Your phone details please!? Rooted ?! Any module installed!? Applications like Market unlocker Might give that problem! N are you sure you are using whatsapp and not whatsapp plus!?

My phone is HTC One stock software and I'm using whatsapp from the play market not the plus one. Every software else is working fine but the whatsapp. And i realized that the same case happening to one of my friends also had an Iphone 5 and bought HTC One.
25th June 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #7  

51 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by narmerpolo

My phone is HTC One stock software and I'm using whatsapp from the play market not the plus one. Every software else is working fine but the whatsapp. And i realized that the same case happening to one of my friends also had an Iphone 5 and bought HTC One.

Ohh sorry! i have no idea then! :/ Try deactivating that account on iphone 5 Or wherever you can login to that account
26th June 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

Ohh sorry! i have no idea then! :/ Try deactivating that account on iphone 5 Or wherever you can login to that account

tried that but no success

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread