Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,275 Members 43,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] whatsapp verification problem

Tip us?

narmerpolo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] whatsapp verification problem

good day everyone, i'm facing a problem in my HTC one on the phase of verifying the whatsapp on it.
i had Iphone 5s and my whatsapp was installed on it, i was using it without any problem. then i bought the HTC one and i factory reset the Iphone 5s.
after installing the whatsapp on the HTC one and inserting my phone number i waited for the verification sms which in a minute gives me a message stating " SMS verification failed please try voice verification", and then when i press on call me it gives me a message stating " we couldn`t call your number, please check your number and try again in 1 hour" and i did many times, and it did not work.
i have Google and searched the web for solution even XDA and i did not find any. i followed the troubleshooting step by step with no success. i even sent an e-mail to whatsapp support and they replied with the troubleshooting steps which i did again with no success; then i sent them that it did not work but no reply.
so far for my conclusion i think that the iphone whatsapp is blocking my phone number from being installed on another phone even after uninstalling it.
can anyone help or support in solving this issue?

thx in advance.

narmerpolo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
any support will be appreciated, this problem is driving me to the wall

akshayy29
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by narmerpolo View Post
any support will be appreciated, this problem is driving me to the wall
Does your network has range!? Check date and time setting on phone! Change it to automatic !

narmerpolo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayy29 View Post
Does your network has range!? Check date and time setting on phone! Change it to automatic !
thx akshayy for the reply, the date and time setting is set to automatic and same problem.

akshayy29
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Your phone details please!? Rooted ?! Any module installed!? Applications like Market unlocker Might give that problem! N are you sure you are using whatsapp and not whatsapp plus!?

narmerpolo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Your phone details please!? Rooted ?! Any module installed!? Applications like Market unlocker Might give that problem! N are you sure you are using whatsapp and not whatsapp plus!?
My phone is HTC One stock software and I'm using whatsapp from the play market not the plus one. Every software else is working fine but the whatsapp. And i realized that the same case happening to one of my friends also had an Iphone 5 and bought HTC One.

akshayy29
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by narmerpolo View Post
My phone is HTC One stock software and I'm using whatsapp from the play market not the plus one. Every software else is working fine but the whatsapp. And i realized that the same case happening to one of my friends also had an Iphone 5 and bought HTC One.
Ohh sorry! i have no idea then! :/ Try deactivating that account on iphone 5 Or wherever you can login to that account

narmerpolo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Ohh sorry! i have no idea then! :/ Try deactivating that account on iphone 5 Or wherever you can login to that account
tried that but no success