Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New Xperia Z1 No Signal Whit any sim.

Tip us?

Arnisen85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] New Xperia Z1 No Signal Whit any sim.

Hey just got new z1 for my wife.

worked fine in 3 days then suddenly NO SIGNAL from provider.
Took my simcrad in that phone no signal.

put my wifes sim card into my z1 then i got signal

Some thing wrong whit the z1?
Have googled hole day cant find a solution plesae help me?
anybody have the same problem?

Cheers Stian

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Go via Warranty.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

juliospinoza
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Well same happened to me at first I though was the sim reader but it was the rom that suddenly stop reading the sim and I don't know why. The solution was to flash a different rom and now I am with kitslim. To check the sim reader I used the app "sim card by gsmdev" such app allows to read the sim information like contacts imei etc so if that app reads that info means that the sim reader is OK and you need to flash a different rom or the same. Hope this help

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sruba209
Old
Thanks Meter 17
check "network mode" in "mobile network settings" .....

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 733

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnisen85 View Post
Hey just got new z1 for my wife.

worked fine in 3 days then suddenly NO SIGNAL from provider.
Took my simcrad in that phone no signal.

put my wifes sim card into my z1 then i got signal

Some thing wrong whit the z1?
Have googled hole day cant find a solution plesae help me?
anybody have the same problem?

Cheers Stian

Check if your imei is intact, perhaps you could flash an FTF file which will replace the OS so back everything up first.

Make sure you are inserting the sim correctly (i know you probably are but it's worth checking) ones the sims in the phone it should reboot, could be that the contacts which hold the sim aren't raised enough, don't bother fixing them just take it back if that's the case, if the sim has been inserted incorrectly then theres a chance that the contacts may be bent and if that's the case then your warranty will be void, but in all fairness it sounds like a dodgy phone rather than any of the above.

I'd still do the FTF flash anyway, it's probably the best shot you've got, oh and i've noticed that some peoples phones will read sims and others won't so the fact that it works in yours and not hers although weird, isn't conclusive. Try another sim too.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1