Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sexy Solution to Real Wireless Charging

Tip us?

WillTheGreat
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
many companies like this one misuse kickstarter to help fund them in bulk buying these stuff from china, this charger has been available in china for a long time.
Yup, this one is something that probably falls under as abusing kickstarter. The video is neat and all, but it's not a difficult project. Or this great idea. You can buy a Qi Charger off aliexpress and solder a 3.7v battery it it, then stuff it back inside the case and you have the same thing. You can buy the PCB itself and an old battery and make your own housing.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, it's already available too.
The Following User Says Thank You to WillTheGreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTheGreat View Post
Yup, this one is something that probably falls under as abusing kickstarter. The video is neat and all, but it's not a difficult project. Or this great idea. You can buy a Qi Charger off aliexpress and solder a 3.7v battery it it, then stuff it back inside the case and you have the same thing. You can buy the PCB itself and an old battery and make your own housing.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, it's already available too.
Apparently, kickstarter is lacking during these few years, this isn't the first project, i've seen many project abusing the system, there is no way to complaint unless you register, which I don't have the intention to.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition