Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sexy Solution to Real Wireless Charging

OP gridflash

26th June 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 12

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

many companies like this one misuse kickstarter to help fund them in bulk buying these stuff from china, this charger has been available in china for a long time.

Yup, this one is something that probably falls under as abusing kickstarter. The video is neat and all, but it's not a difficult project. Or this great idea. You can buy a Qi Charger off aliexpress and solder a 3.7v battery it it, then stuff it back inside the case and you have the same thing. You can buy the PCB itself and an old battery and make your own housing.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, it's already available too.
The Following User Says Thank You to WillTheGreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 856

4,790 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTheGreat

Yup, this one is something that probably falls under as abusing kickstarter. The video is neat and all, but it's not a difficult project. Or this great idea. You can buy a Qi Charger off aliexpress and solder a 3.7v battery it it, then stuff it back inside the case and you have the same thing. You can buy the PCB itself and an old battery and make your own housing.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, it's already available too.

Apparently, kickstarter is lacking during these few years, this isn't the first project, i've seen many project abusing the system, there is no way to complaint unless you register, which I don't have the intention to.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread