XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't Move Apps to SD Card - CM11

Tip us?

layjn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Can't Move Apps to SD Card - CM11

Hello - I'm running out of internal space and trying to move apps to my SD card, but I keep getting the "Couldn't move app" error. I haven't had any issues with past versions of CM when moving apps, so I'm not sure if it's KK-related (I know there were security changes with KK) or if it's my SD card. My card is a 16 GB SanDisk, class 4, and is only a few months old. If I do a move in TiBu, it initially shows the app as moved but it shows as internal storage again on reboot. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - thanks for the help!

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 181
yo apparently kitkat doesn't really like lower than class 6 SD cards as far as moving things to the sd card. i had this same issue on kk. you're going to have to just get a new card or deal with not moving anything to the sd. sorry bro but google's oppressing us. SINGLE CORE PHONES ARE DED1111
The Following User Says Thank You to skepticmisfit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

layjn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
That's what I figured - just another case of the man holding us down. Thanks for the reply!