[Q] Wifi is slow to connect and wont save networks - Knox notification constantly

19th June 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Independence, MO
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
More
Okay so I was having some issues with my note 3 after rooting with towelroot but I got all of that taken care of i think. Here is my thread on what my problem was, and this is what I used to fix the problem.

That did seem to work and I'm mostly back to normal. There are a few issues that seem to be present now that were not before. Ideally Id like to stay stock, rooted, custom recovery (SS).

-> Wifi takes a lot longer to toggle on, and will not save networks.
-> Knox is CONSTANTLY shoving a notification in my face saying "Security Notice - Unauthorized actions have ben detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes.". The App info for this notification is Knox Notification Manager.
-> My battery life is much worse than it used to be. I used to get to 77% after about 9 hours off the charger with moderate usage. At this point im at 55% in about the same time.

Running 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.0-722276
Build Number KOT49H.N900AUCUCMLG
Knox shows 0x0 on everything
Towelrooted and Safestrapped(3.72)
20th June 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Independence, MO

43 posts
More
Any Ideas here? Especially for the wifi issue.
25th June 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMaros

Okay so I was having some issues with my note 3 after rooting with towelroot but I got all of that taken care of i think. Here is my thread on what my problem was, and this is what I used to fix the problem.

That did seem to work and I'm mostly back to normal. There are a few issues that seem to be present now that were not before. Ideally Id like to stay stock, rooted, custom recovery (SS).

-> Wifi takes a lot longer to toggle on, and will not save networks.
-> Knox is CONSTANTLY shoving a notification in my face saying "Security Notice - Unauthorized actions have ben detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes.". The App info for this notification is Knox Notification Manager.
-> My battery life is much worse than it used to be. I used to get to 77% after about 9 hours off the charger with moderate usage. At this point im at 55% in about the same time.

Running 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.0-722276
Build Number KOT49H.N900AUCUCMLG
Knox shows 0x0 on everything
Towelrooted and Safestrapped(3.72)

i follow the step restore everything. but once i update the kernal the wifi acting up again. any solution for that?
26th June 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Independence, MO

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techtech

i follow the step restore everything. but once i update the kernal the wifi acting up again. any solution for that?

For a few days I left mine on the older kernel because of that, I did find a stock rom by Urdroid (I think) that I flashed and everything seems okay except the wake-up from entering my pin lock is very, very slow.

The (odexed) ROM I used.

After that I also went and flashed the NC2 radio from this thread aswell
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread