MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] Sony Z1 C6903 root issues

25th June 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys

I have a problem whenever I flash my rom using the flashtool64bit version 09.15.0 build on 15-13-2014 it works fines I can get into the Xperia OS no issues there

I then enable developer option and apply security setting so it allows third party apps to be install.

I then apply the ADB and fastboot run the command as per fastboot flash boot boot.img this too works fine.

I enter CWN ROM manager by turning the power off holding the vol button up and down , and here is my problem

when I select the file Update-superuserv2.zip it runs fine no errors there my problem is when I reboot at this stage

I get "Sony" logo and it just goes into a while loop nor matter how many times I reflash

additional information

I manage to unlock the bootloader
I followed instruction to to root the device

again nor matter what method I tried I can't by pass the "sony" logo to fix this I have to reflash again and this does work but when I install Clockwork it states the device is not rooted ?

I am a totally newbie to this and really would appreciate a dummy proof instruction please.
25th June 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,043

9,443 posts
More
which boot.img did you flash?

Please post a link
25th June 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Drive
Hi there

thanks for the reply back , I flash CWM clockwork boot.img

I am unable to insert a link as I haven't posted 10 post yet , I obtain this information from ibtimes website .co.uk

I hope this answer the question
25th June 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,443 posts
More
That will not work as there is no recovery partition on an xperia device

Just flash a custom kernel, it will contain recovery.
25th June 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

That will not work as there is no recovery partition on an xperia device

Just flash a custom kernel, it will contain recovery.

thanks again for that reply , now I am going to sound very dumb , where can I download a custom kernel, from .

I have try downloading the ftf file from xperiafirmware dot com/8-firmware/42-sony-xperia-z1-c6903 site , issue when I install the ROM manager from clockwork it states "You must root your phone for ROM manager to function SuperUser vas not found at /system/bin/su" I have already applied UPDATE_SuperSUv2.zip file via the boot process where you press the vol button up and down , the issue is when it reboot it does not pass the "sony" logo just goes into while loop
Last edited by waheedrafiq; 25th June 2014 at 09:11 PM.
25th June 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,443 posts
More
just look in the development section of the exact same forum you are posting in....
26th June 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Birmingham

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

just look in the development section of the exact same forum you are posting in....

hey buddy thanks for the supported I sorted it my device is now rooted , and its my first time

I used this instruction androidadvices.com/root-install-cwm-recovery-sony-xperia-z1-android-phone-guide/#.U6whr3lOUdU
from the site it worked , best part about the instruction is each step they provide you with the file you need to download and that really makes it easy .

thanks again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread