FORUMS

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

[Q] Wifi won't turn on after update to jelly been Xperia TX

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By jamadi1377, Junior Member on 24th June 2014, 09:48 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a xperia tx and I updated to jelly been using PC after that every thing is working but wifi
I don't know what to do please help! me I'm kinda new in this field and I also have read somewhere that I should downgrade But I don't know how! Is that the only way ? also what are the risks ? and how can I do it ??
 
 
24th June 2014, 08:42 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamadi1377

I have a xperia tx and I updated to jelly been using PC after that every thing is working but wifi
I don't know what to do please help! me I'm kinda new in this field and I also have read somewhere that I should downgrade But I don't know how! Is that the only way ? also what are the risks ? and how can I do it ??

Please, Please I need answer fast ASAP
24th June 2014, 10:54 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 625
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamadi1377

Please, Please I need answer fast ASAP

Are you rooted?
24th June 2014, 10:58 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

Are you rooted?

No But if i have to do it then just tell me how !
24th June 2014, 11:44 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 625
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamadi1377

No But if i have to do it then just tell me how !

Well, here's the deal. I think you might have not wiped data when you upgraded. If you did, ignore the following.

If you didn't wipe data, you can either do a factory reset and see if it fixes your problem, or, root your phone, and delete the /data/misc/wifi folder with a root file manager, and then reboot, and check your wifi. (You will lose all saved wifi access points).

I don't know which version of JB you upgraded to, but for rooting I'd recommend you check the towelroot thread in the General section, it might be your easiest option for rooting. I haven't used it personally, but it seems to be working.

First thing you should do also, is read the Stock FTF thread and more importantly the All-in-one thread.
26th June 2014, 03:33 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

Well, here's the deal. I think you might have not wiped data when you upgraded. If you did, ignore the following.

If you didn't wipe data, you can either do a factory reset and see if it fixes your problem, or, root your phone, and delete the /data/misc/wifi folder with a root file manager, and then reboot, and check your wifi. (You will lose all saved wifi access points).

I don't know which version of JB you upgraded to, but for rooting I'd recommend you check the towelroot thread in the General section, it might be your easiest option for rooting. I haven't used it personally, but it seems to be working.

First thing you should do also, is read the Stock FTF thread and more importantly the All-in-one thread.

Thanks the factory reset did it.
I hate android
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes