Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[Q] Wifi won't turn on after update to jelly been Xperia TX

OP jamadi1377

24th June 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a xperia tx and I updated to jelly been using PC after that every thing is working but wifi
I don't know what to do please help! me I'm kinda new in this field and I also have read somewhere that I should downgrade But I don't know how! Is that the only way ? also what are the risks ? and how can I do it ??
24th June 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamadi1377

I have a xperia tx and I updated to jelly been using PC after that every thing is working but wifi
I don't know what to do please help! me I'm kinda new in this field and I also have read somewhere that I should downgrade But I don't know how! Is that the only way ? also what are the risks ? and how can I do it ??

Please, Please I need answer fast ASAP
24th June 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 551

824 posts
Quote:

Please, Please I need answer fast ASAP

Are you rooted?
24th June 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

Are you rooted?

No But if i have to do it then just tell me how !
24th June 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 551

824 posts
Quote:

No But if i have to do it then just tell me how !

Well, here's the deal. I think you might have not wiped data when you upgraded. If you did, ignore the following.

If you didn't wipe data, you can either do a factory reset and see if it fixes your problem, or, root your phone, and delete the /data/misc/wifi folder with a root file manager, and then reboot, and check your wifi. (You will lose all saved wifi access points).

I don't know which version of JB you upgraded to, but for rooting I'd recommend you check the towelroot thread in the General section, it might be your easiest option for rooting. I haven't used it personally, but it seems to be working.

First thing you should do also, is read the Stock FTF thread and more importantly the All-in-one thread.
26th June 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

Well, here's the deal. I think you might have not wiped data when you upgraded. If you did, ignore the following.

If you didn't wipe data, you can either do a factory reset and see if it fixes your problem, or, root your phone, and delete the /data/misc/wifi folder with a root file manager, and then reboot, and check your wifi. (You will lose all saved wifi access points).

I don't know which version of JB you upgraded to, but for rooting I'd recommend you check the towelroot thread in the General section, it might be your easiest option for rooting. I haven't used it personally, but it seems to be working.

First thing you should do also, is read the Stock FTF thread and more importantly the All-in-one thread.

Thanks the factory reset did it.
I hate android
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread