Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Unable to flash stock slot on SS

OP chiahead52

22nd June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44

350 posts
Just like the title says. I am unable to flash anything to the stock slot on SS. I have tried ,any different times. I have tried wiping the slot and then flashing a fresh version of the ROM I use and also wiping and restoring a previous backup. Everytime when I go to boot the phone it gets stuck on a black screen during boot up. I end up having to use Matts tool and reinstall things back to stock including having to reroot. Anyways I would love to use my stock slot. Any help would be great. thank you
22nd June 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Northern Indiana
Thanks Meter: 49

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiahead52

Just like the title says. I am unable to flash anything to the stock slot on SS.

Did you use advanced wipe and select everything except Internal Storage and Micro SDCard?

The stock ROM system partition is only 636mb; is the ROM and GApps package you're using small enough to fit there?
22nd June 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

350 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoswego

Did you use advanced wipe and select everything except Internal Storage and Micro SDCard?

The stock ROM system partition is only 636mb; is the ROM and GApps package you're using small enough to fit there?

Yes I did use the advanced wipe and wiped all but internal/external SD cards. On the partition thing I'm not sure. Never looked at file size but I'm flashing LS with minimal gapps...others claim to have it on stock slot also.

So after I flash the stock slot on boot it gives me red moto logo. Then black screen. But its not 100% black. I can see some backlight is on cause I can see the splotches in the screen. If I press buttons like volume up the phone with vibrate a few times. Not sure what its doing but I end up having to reinstall system from scratch to fix it. I was hoping for an easy fix

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
Once I also had problems to flash with SafeStrap on stock slot. Then I had the idea to flash the custom ROM first on slot 1 (or 2, how you want). Then making a complete backup of that partition, and after restore it on stock slot. - That worked fine for me.
22nd June 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

350 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankonia

Once I also had problems to flash with SafeStrap on stock slot. Then I had the idea to flash the custom ROM first on slot 1 (or 2, how you want). Then making a complete backup of that partition, and after restore it on stock slot. - That worked fine for me.

ya right now i am running on slot 1 or 2 and if I make a full backup of that slot and try to restore it to stock the same thing happens. black screen
23rd June 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

350 posts
anyone else have any ideas? Thanks for the replies
23rd June 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag Hobb’s End
Thanks Meter: 929

1,324 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Wich safestrap Version? Uninstall recovery from safestrap, then safestrap, then install newest version, maybe this helps, but don't reboot without safestrap!

Tapped from another Dimension
23rd June 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #8  
Flag Northern Indiana
Thanks Meter: 49

76 posts
More
Quote:

I am (and was) using SafeStrap v3.73 when I flashed to the stock slot, I know some previous versions were supposed to be able to do this but I never tried it before. Maybe you're already using that latest version but if not, it wouldn't hurt to try.

Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7] - xda-developers
Last edited by mikeoswego; 23rd June 2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Typo in URL
26th June 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

350 posts
yes I am using the latest version of Safestrap. Any suggestions? I will try to redo it again this weekend when I have more time. Thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread