Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 41,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] proximity sensor problem

Tip us?

tndb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] proximity sensor problem

Just checking if more have same problem. During a call I might sometimes bend my head laying phone on shoulder when I need my hands for other stuff.

1st problem is that the sensor is very badly calibrated imo compared to my old nexus4 and 2nd problem is that if your screen goes black when sensor is triggered, you can still do touch inputs. Screen should be locked if sensor is triggered as on many other phones. I checked this with someone else who owns a z2 and he was pretty sure it was same for him.

Im gonna doublecheck with two more z2 owners as I dont know that many z1c owners irl.

Only me or any of you also notice it?

Pezo
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
There's a couple threads about this, like this one.
I've also had this a few times now, I just read through the linked thread and I'll try holding it on my right ear instead of left, but I don't think that's going to help since the screen is off when my ear presses buttons.
Maybe someone should check with Sony to see if they know about this...
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (.757 rooted, locked BL)

tndb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Next question then would be if the same issue is still there on another rom like cm11? Anyone tried?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Inquirer8087
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tndb View Post
Next question then would be if the same issue is still there on another rom like cm11? Anyone tried?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk
It's not a ROM problem, but a design/construction problem. Proximity sensor is placed at the upper left edge of the phone and no ROM in the world is gonna fix that.

tndb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquirer8087 View Post
It's not a ROM problem, but a design/construction problem. Proximity sensor is placed at the upper left edge of the phone and no ROM in the world is gonna fix that.
I dont buy that. My old nexus 4 also has the sensor in top left corner and that phone doesnt behave like this one

Pezo
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
And also the screen still reacting to touches when it's off is definitely a ROM problem.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (.757 rooted, locked BL)