Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Gear 2 Disconnects With Rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5

Tip us?

bielech_ma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Gear 2 Disconnects With Rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5

I'm new to these forums and new to rooting Android devices, but upon rooting my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 using geohot's method, my Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 disconnects when accepting or placing calls. It seems that it drops the phone audio connection while still retaining the data connection. I am able to still receive notifications on the device but I am unable to use the device as a Bluetooth headset. The only way I am able to recover from this issue is to perform a factory restore, which I can only assume unroots the phone in the process.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Has anyone else been able to fix this? I can provide more information if requested, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Mark Bielech

brazcub
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bielech_ma View Post
I'm new to these forums and new to rooting Android devices, but upon rooting my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 using geohot's method, my Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 disconnects when accepting or placing calls. It seems that it drops the phone audio connection while still retaining the data connection. I am able to still receive notifications on the device but I am unable to use the device as a Bluetooth headset. The only way I am able to recover from this issue is to perform a factory restore, which I can only assume unroots the phone in the process.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Has anyone else been able to fix this? I can provide more information if requested, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Mark Bielech
I am rooted and have the Gear 2 and no issues here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to brazcub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bielech_ma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
UPDATE: I would like to add that this is affecting all Bluetooth headset (phone audio) devices currently paired with my phone. For example, the Pioneer radio in my vehicle (AVIC-8000NEX) can no longer be used as a handsfree system unless I factory reset the phone.

GlitchMob
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bielech_ma View Post
UPDATE: I would like to add that this is affecting all Bluetooth headset (phone audio) devices currently paired with my phone. For example, the Pioneer radio in my vehicle (AVIC-8000NEX) can no longer be used as a handsfree system unless I factory reset the phone.
That's really odd. I do not use any samsung gear, but I do use my phone in the car via bluetooth. I've never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

highwaybandit
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Try clearing Bluetooth data in settings/applications/applications manager /bluetooth share. see if that helps ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Note 2 running Meanbean,Beanstown,and A.C.E!!!!! F.T.W
H.P touch pad running CM9
Toro nexus