Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] soft-brick, twrp 1.7

Tip us?

MCWizard111
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] soft-brick, twrp 1.7

I have read all of the topics on here and the rest of the internet and so far nothing seems to work, I soft-bricked my phone, I can boot into download and recovery fine, but even if i flash a old backup i cant get past the bootloop, Ive bricked my phone many times before and always recovered from it, but now if I run the LG Flash Tools I get a "failedPreviousLoad()" error, Ive even followed guides that i knew worked, is there something i am over looking? this is my only phone so i cannot afford to lose it, odd that it works halfway though. any help would be greatly appreciated

jcwxguy
Old
Thanks Meter 281
try uninstalling lg flash tool and removing all files associated with it (DO NOT GET RID OF THE TOT FILE)
then make sure there are no registery errors, after which, reboot your computer and reinstall the software like before.

MCWizard111
Old
(Last edited by MCWizard111; 26th June 2014 at 03:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwxguy View Post
try uninstalling lg flash tool and removing all files associated with it (DO NOT GET RID OF THE TOT FILE)
then make sure there are no registery errors, after which, reboot your computer and reinstall the software like before.
does the software leave any registry keys behind when uninstalled? i cant find any

EDIT: just tried after a reinstall and still same error, i took a screenshot, but i cant upload it here

MCWizard111
Old
(Last edited by MCWizard111; 26th June 2014 at 05:55 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i have even tried the support tools, but those require a kdz file and i read that the ls980 doesnt have one of those
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lgflashtoolfail.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	2818837