Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Recovery Problems

Tip us?

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 584

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by binavik View Post
I did that but I am still not able to boot into the stock recovery, it just keeps getting stuck in the loop.
Check the NB1 ODIN thread and see if there's a link to just the recovery. If not you'll have to extract and flash it from the full tar with heimdall or package it in a zip or use an app or something.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

binavik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Check the NB1 ODIN thread and see if there's a link to just the recovery. If not you'll have to extract and flash it from the full tar with heimdall or package it in a zip or use an app or something.
When searching the forums I found this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52167761. It seems like the correct stock recovery. So I just download this, go into Odin, put my phone into download mode, then what? I've never used odin before but I assume that I would need to point it to the file but not exactly sure under which slot or which options to be checked.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3039
Quote:
Originally Posted by binavik View Post
When searching the forums I found this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52167761. It seems like the correct stock recovery. So I just download this, go into Odin, put my phone into download mode, then what? I've never used odin before but I assume that I would need to point it to the file but not exactly sure under which slot or which options to be checked.
Never flashed it before, but the op says to put it in the PDA slot. Just have auto robot and f.rest checked. Do not have partition checked

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

binavik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks everyone. My stock recovery is up and running again and I also now have safestrap as well. That stock recovery file worked just fine, I just had to put it under AP for odin 3.09.