No registration required

Dell venue Sim card issue / problem again and again. Call screen freeze

OP sahilrulzs

29th May 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi All

I know this is too late to post as Dell Venue is complete extinct in market but still i know many people own this device and love it

ISSUE

SIM card issue, Suddenly this phone pops up that SIM card is not inserted or unavailable, Network go away and automatically get resolved after restart or after re assembling battery.

RUMORS

Many people believe that this issue is happening because they loaded a custom ROM on device and THIS IS NOT CORRECT.
I own Dell Venue and facing this issue from last 8-9 months. I tried MIUI, CM7 various version but issue was always same..

Some people think its a network IC issue, That is wrong because phone can still show you available networks.

ACTUAL REASON

Dell Device motherboard doesn't have all the component soldered on it and they are just assembled in such a way that it stay in physical contact with motherboard, SIM card holder is one of them. SIM card holder is a small PCB placed over motherboard and pushed against motherboard with the help of its case. Once your phone is few months old or fell down several times, The body of phone becomes slightly loose and cause the issue that SIM card holder lose contact from main motherboard and phone pops that SIM card issue.

SOLUTION

1. UNSCREW your phone. There are 5 screws on phone. 4 are visible and 1 is under a white cap.
2. Open the case. Be CAREFUL of its small component and antennas
3. You will get SIM holder, Flash and antenna completely out of motherboard.
4. Now you will find all these components are connected to motherboard by golden colored metal (Like battery contact metals in every phone).
5. Use a pin and push all those metals litle out (like you used to do in your nokia phone when your battery used to loose contact with phone)
6. Clean all the component safely (Optional) - But i did because there was a lot of dust got collected in case causing it to get loose.
7. Assemble your phone back and tight the screws really well.

Turn on the phone and your phone is new again.

These steps will resolved WIFI and network issues as Antennas of phone are also connected in same way.

NOTE. Antennas are tiny metal plates placed under side silver plastic case. DO place them back else WIFI and GSM will show very low network.

I did this two weeks back and not a single time i got sim issue again, moreover my WIFI and GSM range is improved.

Thanks
Hope this will help.
Last edited by Stephen; 29th May 2014 at 10:51 AM.
26th June 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 676

1,127 posts
Donate to Me
More
CALL FOR 3G Devices Owners
I am still in need of a users with these devices :

Venue 7 3G jb 4.3v1.25
Venue 8 3G jb 4.3v1.23

please if you know of anyone that has them contact me with the ota updates back online i fear that 3G users might miss their shot at root with out capturing the images off the jb4.3 build i wont be able to create root kits i have captured the ota updsates for these two versions above but with out the images i cant create a rootKIT for them so please if your part of other venue forums please spread the word and get these users in touch with me before its too late.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread